Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 26th/27th/28th February

Wednesday 27th February

PREMIER DIVISION

5-1 AFC Dunstable v Hatfield Town (Attendance 32)

3-0 Aylesbury United v Hertford Town (Attendance 90)

1-1 Hadley v Berkhamsted (Attendance 45)

DIVISION ONE

A-A Crawley Green v Winslow United (Due to serious injury)

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

1-1 Oxhey Jets Reserves v London Lions Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

6-1 Ampthill Town Reserves v Old Bradwell United Reserves

0-1 Welwyn Garden City Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves

Unanswerable question. I obviously want us to stay up, but I want to be playing. I hope I can re claim my spot after I miss whatever match it will be due to suspension. First time I've been involved in a relegation battle, its an addictive buzz going into games

Will be interesting to see how they get on without you. Any idea who will come into the centre? The right back looks solid, he could maybe shuffle across. He doesn't attack well enough for a right back and playing in the centre may suit him down to the ground.

Will be interesting to see how they get on without you. Any idea who will come into the centre? The right back looks solid, he could maybe shuffle across. He doesn't attack well enough for a right back and playing in the centre may suit him down to the ground.

I wouldn't know to be honest, but I'd hope to be straight back in after. We resigned one of our players from Berkhamsted who can play full back as well as centre back so he may deputise

He may, he may do very well too. Who's the player? I've been to a few Berko games this year. Sometimes when you're down there, you need change, it's obviously not working at the moment. Your suspension could end up being a fortunate accident for the greens.

Why don’t you have much time for Lee out of interest

Think he has a bad attitude.

What ground improvements

Thought they had done the clubhouse up ? and moved the changing rooms under the main stand ? and built a new standing stand next to the main stand ?

Think he has a bad attitude

That's laughable, it really is, have you ever seen Lee play

only 90 at Aylesbury last night? The fluctuations in attendance amaze me.

I'm sure they were in fine singing form regardless.

No singing last night sadly, we were depleted, and still demoralised after scaring Biggleswade out of their stand! :D

Disappointed with the lack of Hertford fans last night, thought they usually travelled well.

That's laughable, it really is, have you ever seen Lee play

Yes for Bedfont Town FC on a number of occasion's Mr Rhodes.

Thought they had done the clubhouse up ? and moved the changing rooms under the main stand ? and built a new standing stand next to the main stand ?

Mmm, okay well let us know what you think after your visit to Coles Park, I’m sure it's going to be an eye opener for you

Couple of reports from NLM.......

120. Wednesday 27 February 2013 – Spartan South Midlands Premier – Attendance: 80 approx

Aylesbury United (green/white/white) 3 – 0 Hertford Town (red & black sleeves/black/black)

Scorers: Aylesbury United (J Wood 22, Austin 52, Baines 90)

Pitch: drying out, lacking grass – Weather: pleasant afternoon gave way to a colder evening

It was to the home of Leighton Town FC, to see Aylesbury United for the second Wednesday in a row and a first sighting this season of Hertford Town, unfortunately the visitors had no finish and three goals difference was just about right. Aylesbury United could have been caught early on and their goalkeeper beat out a couple of shots, but gradually the Ducks took over. A Jack Wood header gave them the lead and Louis Austin was put through for the second. The third goal was on the final whistle as a Ben Baines header was cleared, but from behind the goal-line.

Star Man: Ben Baines (Aylesbury United)

Café/Pub: Swan Hotel (‘spoons) High Street, Leighton Buzzard (7/10)

South Midlands League Division 1

CRAWLEY GREEN A-A WINSLOW UNITED

Crawley took the lead in the 16th minute, before play was halted due to a serious injury to the CG10. Usual tantrums while he was attended to before both sides went off and waited for the ambulance which arrived 20 minutes later as it had to go round the long way (Those who've done Sharpenhoe Road will know about the speed bumps that ambulances aren't allowed to go over). Match officially abandoned at what should have been half time, mirroring a similar occurence between the two teams at Winslow nearly four years ago. As I left, I could hear screams from where the ambulance still was - not very pleasant.

Returned to catch the last 30 minutes or so of AYLESBURY UNITED 3-0 HERTFORD TOWN. Ducks were already 2-0 up and didn't look likely to lose. There were a lot of plastic cups abandoned in the stand - probably from an U18s game as the ducks are usually very tidy tenantscool.gif

These games will count for financial purposes, as I spent money at both, but will NOT count for statistical purposes under MY RULEScool.gif

GOAL: Oxhey Jets 1 Hanwell Town 0 (Beardsworth 30 mins)

GOAL: Oxhey Jets 1 Hanwell Town 1 (45+4 mins)

HT: Oxhey Jets 1 Hanwell Town 1

GOAL: Oxhey Jets 2 Hanwell Town 1 (Steve Brown 57 mins)

GOAL: Oxhey Jets 2 Hanwell Town 2 (59 mins)

GOAL: Oxhey Jets 3 Hanwell Town 2 (Casey 83 mins)

FT: Oxhey Jets 3 Hanwell Town 2

Edited by Karen Browne

How many more times are these 2 going to play each other this season?? ... Like the SPL

Mmm, okay well let us know what you think after your visit to Coles Park, I’m sure it's going to be an eye opener for you

Will do Mr Rhodes.

GOAL: Oxhey Jets 1 Hanwell Town 0 (Beardsworth 30 mins)

GOAL: Oxhey Jets 1 Hanwell Town 1 (45+4 mins)

HT: Oxhey Jets 1 Hanwell Town 1

GOAL: Oxhey Jets 2 Hanwell Town 1 (Steve Brown 57 mins)

GOAL: Oxhey Jets 2 Hanwell Town 2 (59 mins)

GOAL: Oxhey Jets 3 Hanwell Town 2 (Casey 83 mins)

The players did me proud tonite we were by far the better team and didnt deserve to lose the game.

K.Watson was superb against Oxhey Jets tonite his first goal was class.

How many more times are these 2 going to play each other this season?? ... Like the SPL

One more time in the League we are long overdue a win against Oxhey Jets FC.

I think they look good going forward, the pacey mixed race winger and 'Grant Holt' like striker can cause some real damage when fed.

Got to say, Colney Heath's defence was resolute last night and really kept the St Mags rabble on the bench quiet.

Yeah i like that Grant Holt striker they got over there he looks like a useful bod at that level ... Maybe a move away from the green next year? Rumours from amersham sources there are teams looking at him? ...

And yeah massive well done to colney heath. St mags bench and random fan base put quite a big downer on a decent football side in my opinion so fair play to them

One more time in the League we are long overdue a win against Oxhey Jets FC.

You've actually got to play them again????? Wow thats ridiculous. Home or away?

To be fair theres got to be something wrong though - you cant keep being the better side and not beating them over nine hundred games! I mean i thought you were much the better side in the vase game and that still some how finished up 1-1?