Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

News Stories and Features...

Unfortunately, the Premier League is here to stay.

That does not mean, however, that non-league has had its day.  Non League clubs need to adapt and change, and become more integral with their local communities.

The clubhouse might only be used once or twice a week normally - why not open it every day and turn it into a snack shop, or a meeting room for clubs like The Ramblers, or a library or a nursery for children?  Hire the pitch out for charities and local groups at a small charge - little things like that.

One thing I think all clubs should have is a website that is up to date and user friendly.  Some club websites were last updated in 2007/2008 - what is the point of that?

Clubs need to be A PART OF their community rather than APART FROM it.

Think outside the box.

Again, a very concise point of view Adam.

1:  CLUBHOUSES:

Opening a clubhouse on a daily basis has it's merits and it's downside.  If the premises are licensed by the local authority, then a nominated person MUST be on the premises or no more than 20 minutes away from the premises at any time that they are open.  Staff want paying.  I'm afraid the days of  'doing it for the love of it'  are long gone in these austere days.  We've tried it in the past at Dorking, hiring the club-house out for functions etc.  Lets say it's a 21st birthday 'do' which the club 'steward' and control.  The punters all leave, probably very merry and go looking for a 'late-licensed' pub that is still open in the town.  When questioned by the police, en-route, where they've been, they say "Dorking Football Club".  Because they arebeing a bit loudd and boisterous in the High Street, THE CLUB then gets a visit from 'The Law', warning us of contraventions to our licence.  HENCE - DFC no longer hire the premises out to outsiders.

2:  LACK OF FUNDS IN NON LEAGUE.

We are all p1ssed of at the scandalous figures being thrown around in the transfer market.  £10,000,000 seems nothing today !

How about this for a scenarion ?

All clubs should be levied a tax, say 5% on ANY transfers over a given figure.  (Pick you own - I would say £999,999).  This money to go into a fund for non-league clubs only.

Say 5% ???

How about the F.A. levying a tax on all transfers over a given figure, say £750,000, or whatever.  That money to go into a fund for all non-league clubs.

Great idea in my view, but I can already hear the Premiership clubs and other bleating about how poor they are !

Then again, it wont happen coz the F.A. will ALWAYS pander to the top 22 clubs !!!!

Edited by Big J R