Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 12th/13th/14th March

Tuesday 12th March

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY Quarter Final

1-4 Oxhey Jets v Dunstable Town

PREMIER DIVISION

1-1 Hanwell Town v Ampthill Town

2-1 Haringey Borough v Hillingdon Borough

1-1 Hertford Town v Colney Heath

1-2 London Colney v Aylesbury United

DIVISION ONE

8-2 Buckingham Athletic v Cranfield United

1-2 Codicote v Welwyn Garden City

2-1 Kentish Town v Kings Langley

3-1 Stony Stratford Town v Winslow United

MIDDLESEX SENIOR CHARITY CUP Quarter Final

1-1 Hanworth Villa v Cockfosters (Hanworth Villa won 4-2 on penalties)

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

5-0 Hoddesdon Town Reserves v Kings Langley Reserves

0-2 Holmer Green Reserves v Risborough Rangers Reserves

2-3 Langford Reserves v St Margaretsbury Reserves

P-P Stotfold Reserves v AFC Dunstable Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

1-7 New Bradwell St Peter Reserves v Biggleswade United Reserves

1-1 Winslow United Reserves v Buckingham Athletic Reserves

Edited by Karen Browne

Come on Welwyn Garden City, dispose of ten village locals

Not sure many of Codicote's side are actual villagers, but they do have some decent players. With players like boss Liam Errington, Adam Furness, Leon Gutzmore, Joe Tyler & 2 of my old lads Michael Ettienne &

Tommy Randall. I expect them to make a big

push for promotion next year.

A Groundhoppers Views

South Midlands League Premier Division

London Colney 1 Aylesbury United 2

Admission £6 inc programme Att: 41 (h/c)

A night so cold only the committed would attend. Plus, I suppose, those wishing to be committed. Colney is the most basic of grounds, a slight slope from end to end, a temporary stand, and a strange contraption made of corrugated steel which can house about 6 standees should it rain. There were occasional snow flurries instead tonight. It is mid-March after all. It is a ground largely devoid of character, open to the elements, bounded by the dual carriageway which flicks its way past St Albans and links the M1 to the A1. The traffic noise in the background was ceaseless.

Aylesbury scored the opening goal commendably early, courtesy of a defence splitting pass that had no right to be played at this level, and we drifted towards half time in a state of numbness. Just before the break however, their towering and commanding centre back was taken off injured, and Colney reappeared re-energised. The equaliser, 20 minutes into the second half, was the culmination of their new found intent, but having gained parity, they didn't push on. Fifteen minutes from time, Aylesbury stole the winner from close range and Colney had run out of puff. They were not the only ones.

Make sure they got the correct goal scorer for St Mags Res correct ;)

Not sure many of Codicote's side are actual villagers, but they do have some decent players. With players like boss Liam Errington, Adam Furness, Leon Gutzmore, Joe Tyler & 2 of my old lads Michael Ettienne &

Tommy Randall. I expect them to make a big

push for promotion next year.

That was a tongue in cheek, by me.

However I note that WGC beat them last night at the awful and souless Gosling Stadium in WGC.(not WGC's ground)

WGC appear to have reorganised themselves this season and I hope they can push on and get back to the Premier Division next season. What's happening to Codicote's ground? Nice village and it would be good to go there to catch a game.

Yes, don't know why, probably some Health & safety or other ridiculous ground grading issue. Didn't they buy the old floodlights from The Valley a few years back ?

Yes, don't know why, probably some Health & safety or other ridiculous ground grading issue. Didn't they buy the old floodlights from The Valley a few years back ?

Ground grading issue according to their website. Doing a lot of good work in their community sports wise, so let's hope the first team gets back there soon.

Thats okay karen we not in that position very often lol

You said it!

Are you going down to Coles Park tonight, Rhodes? :rolleyes:

No, I hope to be at Hanwell Town v Ampthill Town this evening, will you be as thick as thieves with your compatriots again.

And did you go to Hanwell Town?