Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 19th/20th/21st March

Great game all round and fine advert for the league. Can't believe Hadley have now lost 5 in a row - they're one of the best footballing teams in the division.

I only got there for the last 10/15 mins and a bit of a nervy finish. Hadley's keeper went up for a corner and they would have been clean through in the last seconds with a better weighting of the final ball.

The 15 which I assume was Zac Reynolds looked dangerous for you in those closing stages

Groundhoppers reviews of the Feltham v Southall game.

Feltham 3 Southall 0 Middx Premier Cup Final

Admission £6 including a decent full colour programme and a goody bag including a pen which is always handysmile.gif

Attendance 130 (hc)

Coffee £1

Doritos, tangy cheese variety, 70p Hot food in the shape of burgers, hot dogs were also available

First half was a huff and puff with a few tasty tackles, lots of effort and plenty of banter but very little in the way of shots

Second half Feltham played some decent football up the hill and scored 3 times , the third thanks to a howler from the keeper who threw the ball out straight to a Feltham player

Game played in the right spirit and a good atmosphere on and off the pitch. Been a while since I've been here but I enjoyed the night.

Was stood in front of someone who was saying he'd seen animals present at 9 of the last 10 games attended but don't think he was a Stoke fan

wink.gif

You were stood in front of me then!

Thanks for saving me from the match report. Wasn't too impressed by the standard, especially in the first half, in front of goal Southall were awful having quite a few chances to have gone 1 up early on which I think would have made it a different game. As it was, what did impress me was that once Feltham took the lead they pressed up the pitch and defended it really well, completely closing the game out. Second goal was taken well. Second half made it OK for the neutral but not for my Southall supporting friend who has seen them lose every final theyve been in he tells me.

Ground Ok in what would be a nice setting on a warm Saturday, but very Atcost-y stands and a bit open.

To be fair the pitch was a bit slippy but Southall have played a lot better when I've seen them at Hanwell. Sat behind the goal in the second half as the Feltham keeper is a bit of a character and I thought if the game was crap I could amuse myself listening to him smile.gif

I thought you must be hopper types judging by the clubs you were mentioning but wasn't sure if you posted on here. Nice to put a face to a name. I was the big guy blocking your view in the first half leaning on the railing wink.gif

Another good result for Welwyn Garden City, unbeaten in four now.

Bring on Kings Langley on Saturday, weather and pitch permitting!!!

B)

That will be 5 actually :)

Another good result for Welwyn Garden City, unbeaten in four now.

Bring on Kings Langley on Saturday, weather and pitch permitting!!!

B)

It's unbeaten in FIVE - Wodson Park, Harpenden Town, Codicote, Langford and now Chesham United Reserves as mentioned in my programme notes for Saturday's game against Kings Langley

Edited by Karen Browne

Heavy snow scheduled on Saturday morning!!!!!!

Will the season ever be completed!!!???

Heavy snow scheduled on Saturday morning!!!!!!

Will the season ever be completed!!!???

Yes its getting to be a bit of a joke now but what can you do!

GOAL: London Colney 0 Dunstable Town 1 (Lee Roache 29 mins)

LATEST: Oxhey Jets Reserves 1 Kings Langley Reserves 2

GOAL: London Colney 0 Dunstable Town 2 (Tony Burnett 39 mins)

Edited by Karen Browne

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE DIVISION 1

Chesham United Reserves 2-2 Welwyn Garden City

Admission & Prog £4.00 B & C £3.00 2x Tea £3.00

I normally enjoy coming here, but something went wrong tonight. Firstly, most of the clubhouse was closed off due to a play being staged here on Friday. Secondly, the anteroom just inside the entrance was hosting a meeting of some description and thirdly, one of the CUR regulars had the bright idea of presumably bringing his soap-dodging son with him who in turn felt obliged to invite two of his late-arriving mates (presumably to hold his hand should he need the toilet) with the three of them parking themselves behind the goal.

Hot food, four goals and a mouthy WGC4 went some way to redressing the balance, though part of me now wishes I'd plumped for Aylesbury instead and had I not seen them on Saturday I almost certainly would have.

It's unbeaten in FIVE - Wodson Park, Harpenden Town, Codicote, Langford and now Chesham United Reserves as mentioned in my programme notes for Saturday's game against Kings Langley

Ok Ok

I forgot about Wodson Park!!!

Did not realise it was you who writes the programme notes Karen. :unsure:

FT: Buckingham Athletic 0 Kings Langley 0

FT: Oxhey Jets Reserves 4 Kings Langley Reserves 4

FT: London Colney 0 Dunstable Town 3

Edited by Karen Browne

Thursday 21st March

PREMIER DIVISION

P-P Haringey Borough v Oxhey Jets

0-3 London Colney v Dunstable Town

0-2 St Margaresbury v AFC Dunstable

4-3 Stotfold v London Tigers

DIVISION ONE

0-0 Buckingham Athletic v Kings Langley

DIVISION TWO

P-P Aylesbury Reserves v Risborough Rangers

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

4-4 Oxhey Jets Reserves v Kings Langley Reserves

SOUTH MIDLANDS FLOODLIGHT CUP (Reserve Section) Second Round

0-1 St Peters (Colney Heath) v St Margaretsbury Reserves

CODICOTE V COCKFOSTERS HIGHLIGHTS BELOW inc the penalty shoot out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhv0_6Ec7m4&feature=youtu.be

click on the link to the cold end for a more detailed report.

Well done to all at Codicote for getting through to the final. Tremendous acheivement in their first season as a SSMFL club.

I only got there for the last 10/15 mins and a bit of a nervy finish. Hadley's keeper went up for a corner and they would have been clean through in the last seconds with a better weighting of the final ball.

The 15 which I assume was Zac Reynolds looked dangerous for you in those closing stages

He did indeed, and probably would have started but work prevented him getting to the game in time.