Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 6th April - Fixtures, Results

was lucky enough to be at Aylesbury today. Wow.

Fantastic crowd, fantastic team....dare I say it...fantastic future!?!?!

Really hope this is the start of something good for them, growing back into the side they were and hopefully returning to Aylesbury.

stood opposite the main stand, and i thought there were more than 223 there- although many seemed to leave at HT? or, well at least the stand seemed less full.

Oxhey just didn't turn up, and an absoloute horror challenge from Putnam right under my nose. Horrific. I thought the referee Mr W Cartmel had a superb game, well handled.

In other news:

expect better from Codicote with that squad. A real turn around for WGC

LB will be happy-finally a win

Hanwell pushed Dunny close!

Top Referee.

I would not be surprised if he got promoted to Level 3.

Top Referee.

I would not be surprised if he got promoted to Level 3.

I wouldn't be suprised if he did, handling a game like that so well. Really kept a lid on things, despite a minor mass conf. and a red card for dangerous foul play.

Maybe he'll be promoted alongside Aylesbury haha

Today we had a player booked for complaining about a blatant red card 2 footed takle 2 yards in front of the linesman where he showed a yellow another booked for getting kicked and then being threatened with a head butt,and what I noticed after the game our bench reported for god knows what.3 more fines where the ref puts money into the leagues pockets.When will we be able to equally punish blatant poor decisions by refs like we do players.He had nothing to do other than make 1 decision if we get him at home I'm not guaranteeing what's going to be in his sandwiches lol.This took the gloss off the win and his marks will reflect his decisions.

Edited by lee bearman

Very happy like last Saturday when we won.

Wonder if Codicote rested 7 players.

Stop mentioning codicote you clueless prick

Edited by Liam Errington

Stop mentioning codicote you clueless prick

I dont understand the animosity here between the 2 sides.

I always quite liked it over codicote back in the county league days never experience a bad trip there? Had a powerful number 10 i remember seeing in about the 05/06 season!

A Groundhoppers View

Spartan South Midlands League, Division One –

New Bradwell St. Peter 1 Cranfield United 4

Attendance 25

Admission free, 16-page programme £2, pint of Yachtsman (IOW) bitter £2.70, pint of Eagle bitter £2.60, hot dog (long thin frankfurter) £1, beautifully crispy two-rasher bacon roll £1, small but tasty polysterene cup of tea 50p

Having suffered Franchise twice to complete my version of the 92, and having been lumbered with four week-long courses in the nearby conference centre for a horrible ex-employer, this was the first time I'd ever travelled to Milton Keynes and actually wanted to. I took Ropemaker along for probably his last game of the season due to an exotic holiday abroad.

Saints' ground is tucked away down a narrow suburban road in Bradville, between Franchiseville and Wolverton. If you're driving, get there early as the car park's tiny. On a sunny day like today, it's a lovely ground to be at. Shared with a cricket club, the two pitches overlap, hence the wooden posts and rope barrier for half of one end and thirty yards of one flank - the rest is metal post and rail - and one floodlight pylon having extra lights to make up for the absent pylon which would be somewhere near the 'rope'. The old-looking but cosy clubhouse with indoor food bar is on one side of the cricket pitch, the changing rooms are between both pitches, the 100-capacity stand with two small bolted bench seats and dugouts are on the far side of the football pitch, and a beautiful windmill flanks the clubhouse. The pitch slopes five feet from the top end, behind which is a children's playground, to the cricket field end. Saints have already finished bottom of the division and are hoping that neither of the top two Div 2 teams have the necessary ground grading so they can survive at this level. It would be a shame if this ground lost its current status.

As for the game, United deserved the win as they had considerably more attempts on goal but, while it was still 1-2, Saints could have nicked an equaliser with their admirable never-say-die attitude. United took the lead in the 3rd through Alex Baker, who simply skipped round the keeper and a defender to tuck it home from six yards. Saints equalised in the 11th with their first proper attack when an unmarked Ross Stone slotted home a left wing cross from similar range, only for Toby Ibuken to get the slightest flick header on a right wing free kick two minutes later. United finally made it safe in the 64th when Sam Evans coolly hit it low into the far corner from ten yards, and Ibuken scored a close range second three minutes from time.

The only negative points were a couple of 'handbags' moments completely out of character for the game, two signs in the ground which mis-spell "St. Peter" as "St. Peters", and Cranfield's away shirts which were white with white numbers except for their black outlines! They'd been chosen by Cranfield manager Lee Bearman, who sports a massive Carlsberg Sunday FA Cup tattoo on his left calf muscle as a memento of scoring the winning goal in the FA Sunday Cup Final for Wishing Well at the Millennium Stadium. On the whole, though, a really enjoyable day out.

As i previously said nothing personel against you or your team but Liam now your being personel its a forum for people to ask questions get answers talk cr4p and have BANTER and now think your a COMPLETE TOOL ,seeing as you felt the need to mention leaving 7 players out and saying we couldnt pass the ball !im guessing you didnt rest 7 players and your long ball game didnt work.Perhaps im just sick of the long ball game having played for both watford and wimbledon over 20 years ago !!! Stick your tinpot county cup up your arsenal.

Edited by lee bearman

Saturday 6th April

DIVISION TWO

2-1 Hale Leys United v Aston Clinton

According to this thread on another Forum, it was Hale Leys United's last home game of the season yesterday, is there a specific reason why they had to finish their home programme so early:

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=480928;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=98901905

Saturday 6th April

PREMIER DIVISION

2-3 Haringey Borough v London Colney

What has gone wrong at Coles Park

Cranfield manager Lee Bearman, who sports a massive Carlsberg Sunday FA Cup tattoo on his left calf muscle as a memento of scoring the winning goal in the FA Sunday Cup Final for Wishing Well at the Millennium Stadium.

The tattoo only looks massive because he has such skinny legs ^_^

As much as i'd love my old mate Dave Pidgen to get a couple of goals on his tally. The second for Hoddeston was an OG as i pushed it against a backtracking defender. They were lucky to get anything out of the game, we were in control until our striker got sent off for 2 yellows. 1st should of been a red, 2nd wasn't a yellow.

Have to say it was a nice touch to walk out with a line of young Hoddeston players, and i hope they enjoyed the day. The people at the club were very nice, the programme was excellent, if not a damage to the planets trees, but i hope they sort the pitch out close season, as it's usually supposed to have green stuff on it. All in all, good luck to them.

Haha 2005/6 was my first stint at cod. Was me when i could move and joel mason up front. We won county cup

I believe i watched a county cup game infact that season in which you beat bovingdon 3-1 or 0 on route. Only time ever although young at the time i had seen wealdstones very own darren locke get dealt with for 90mins.

You not playing anymore then? Maybe Lee B might wanna make an approach and get you over Cranfield? :)

PREMIER DIVISION

1-2 Tring Athletic v St Margaretsbury

Fair play to Tring for getting their match report up today:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=2072