Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The New Kit

I.C.@G&NFC

I'm with I.C. on this one. It's just a shame that we're so desperate for money that we are forced to harm the credibility of the club with an away kit that has nothing whatsoever to do with our past. Still, if a six-figure sum is on offer, you can hardly blame the club for taking it. I just hope that, if we were a wealthier side (perhaps full-time), we wouldn't have agreed to it.

Quote:
jc said:
It's just a shame that we're so desperate for money that we are forced to harm the credibility of the club with an away kit that has nothing whatsoever to do with our past.

With respect, jc, how many of our away kits have had anything to do with our past? I remember blue and white stripes, I remember white shirts, black shorts, yellow shirts, blue shorts, green, grey and this season, blue. We don't have a past when it comes to away kits, hardly any clubs do these days, so I don't think it's desperation - just good business sense. achso.gif

Quote:
el.cartero said:
what's that halfway line about then

I do believe it's the demarcation of opposing teams' halves of play, signalled by a straight white line across the field of play, into which it is forbidden for an opposing player to cross until the match official has commenced proceedings. grin.gif

Quote:
Stu M said:With respect, jc, how many of our away kits have had anything to do with our past? I remember blue and white stripes, I remember white shirts, black shorts, yellow shirts, blue shorts, green, grey and this season, blue. We don't have a past when it comes to away kits, hardly any clubs do these days, so I don't think it's desperation - just good business sense. achso.gif

Point taken, Stu. You're quite right, as the last three seasons' away kits (yellow shirts with blue sleeves, then grey shirts with black sleeves, then blue shirts this season) demonstrate. But at least the away strip colours in the past tended to go together... grin.gif

While I haven't yet seen the new Gladwish kits in the club shop, I have now seen them being shown off in the latest Gravesend Reporter. It is impossible to say what the quality of these shirts will be from a newspaper photograph, but two things have been confirmed. 1. The second strip shorts do not match the shirt. Individually they are OK but not together 2.The first strip seems rather basic and to be a darker red than the current shirt. Having noted what Glenn Aitken has said I wonder whether the light blue and green strip will now be the automatic strip when we play away from home. Originally clubs had a "change" strip which they only wore when their first choice clashed with an opponent. Lately this altered into an "away" strip which is not the same thing. An away strip mentality dictates that this is the strip of choice at away games regardless of whether the first strip would be fine because it didn't clash. Is this now happening at the Fleet? It is difficult enough as it is at present with our very limited repertoire of chants to omit "Come on you Reds" when we play in dark blue, but to have to avoid this at every future away game is going to be very difficult indeed. Can the club confirm what the extent of the contract with our sponsors provides on this issue? In the meantime get busy devising some alternative chants!