Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 15th/16th/17th/18th April

Just got back from Holmer Green after a bit of a detour (The Red Lion, Mcdonalds). Got to say Holmer just weren't good enough tonight. Apart from, of course, a young centre back called Michael. He was, as usual, extremely unlucky to be on the losing side, had many decisions harshly given against him and all his team-mates let him down big time by making too many mistakes. Football can be a cruel mistress.

If Michael focused more on the opposition attack instead of moaning at the officials he might do a bit better. HG were outclassed By Hertford Town, were 5-0 down when ref sent off their player but complained that ref spoiled the game. Shows they are in complete denial.

One of HG players taken away by ambulance after the match because he was pale and feeling woozy after a head collision during the match. Hope he is OK..........any news?

Tuesday 16th April

DIVISION ONE

3-0 Southall v Stony Stratford Town

Southall deserved the win and should have scored more but some of the Southall shooting was wayward. A good clean sheet for Southall and nice to see D.Cassells back in goal for Southall.

They turned up in high spirits. It very much had the feel of an end of season dead rubber. I did feel like a cheerleader for most of the game, as i wasn't that busy at all, but was good to get the number 1 jersey for the match, even if it didn't get dirty

It very much had the feel of an end of season dead rubber.

Have to agree and the Southall Massive ;) behind the goal said the same. Yeah Southall were by far the better team but Stony Stratford Town did try to play football in the right way but they were miles behind Southall in quality.

How many different strikers have Southall used this season ? they seem to play different strikers every time i watch them play.

FT: Aston Clinton 2 Pitstone & Ivinghoe 3

FT: AFC Dunstable Reserves 1 Barton Rovers Reserves 1 After Extra Time - Penalties

FT: Welwyn Garden City Reserves 0 Harpenden Town Reserves 1

FT: Hadley 0 Haringey Borough 2

Edited by Karen Browne

HG were outclassed By Hertford Town

Really!!? No1s been outclassed by hertford since the days they had the Cooper up top.

Bless ol' Holmer there doomed. Nice village club - just a shame you have to walk from the village , through an alley , down the yellow brick road then through someones back garden hedge just to get on to a pitch that looks like its been rolled by a japanese kamikaze pilot during an earthquake.

Groundhoppers Views

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE PREMIER

Ampthill Town 3-0 Leverstock Green

Admission £6.00 No prog CB & S £3.00 C & filled roll £2.00

Attendance 34

For what may well be my last "third party" game this season, I eschewed the delights of The Gore (my decision being vindicated by the attendance) and returned here. A typical end-of-season game dominated by the hosts who's third goal was an absolute peach.

No programme on arrival as they hadn't arrived nor, I suspected, were they ever likely to and they didn't. I trust the League official(s) in attendance will have noted this OUTRAGEOUS and FLAGRANT breach of the RULES. Mind you, if the effort produced for the Dunstable game back in August is anything to go by, it was no great loss anyway.

Also at this, thought it was an alright game, Leverstock had 3 great chances in the first half and from what I can remember not a single effort in the 2nd.

Friendly gateman who was Gobsmacked I’d travelled all the way up from Sussex

Edited by Karen Browne

Wednesday 17th April

PREMIER DIVISION

0-2 Hadley v Haringey Borough

BERKS & BUCKS INTERMEDIATE CUP FINAL

2-3 Aston Clinton v Pitstone & Ivinghoe (@ Chesham United FC)

BEDS INTERMEDIATE CUP FINAL

1-1* AFC Dunstable Reserves v Barton Rovers Reserves (@ Stotfold FC) (Barton Rovers Reserves won 4-1 on penalties)

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

0-1 Welwyn Garden City Reserves v Harpenden Town Reserves

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE PREMIER

Ampthill Town 3-0 Leverstock Green

No prog

No programme on arrival as they hadn't arrived nor, I suspected, were they ever likely to and they didn't. I trust the League official(s) in attendance will have noted this OUTRAGEOUS and FLAGRANT breach of the RULES.

Disgusting!

Seems our mate Rendon got his wires crossed saying it Roach, not sure I can trust what he hears on the rumour mill anymore!

Good luck to him, anyone who scores that many goals deserves their chance. Any league teams sniffing around Dunstable players?

Oh so it is putman and not roach , my bad . Oh well theres always next year roachy ...

My rumour mills are 99 per centers Reb stay with me!

GOAL: Winslow United 0 Southall 1

GOAL: Winslow United 0 Southall 2

GOAL: Winslow United 0 Southall 3

GOAL: Winslow United 0 Southall 4

Edited by Karen Browne

HT: Hoddesdon Town 0 Hertford Town 0

HT: Buckingham Athletic 0 Wodson Park 0

HT: Colney Heath 0 Oxhey Jets 0 (Game running approx 20 mins late due to illness of a match official)

HT: Cockfosters 0 Welwyn Garden City 2

Edited by Karen Browne

GOAL: Buckingham Athletic 1 Wodson Park 0 (Pat Hooper)

GOAL: Buckingham Athletic 2 Wodson Park 0 (Ryan Wiffen)

GOAL: Hoddesdon Town 0 Hertford Town 1 (Albert Adu 83 mins)

GOAL: Winslow United 0 Southall 5

Edited by Karen Browne

See Mr Putman is going on trial at Wycombe next week good luck to the boy

Goodluck to the guy 80 goals this season he deserves his chance.