Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-December 17 )

• Photo
    dave c

• Photo
    LeagueSecretary

• Photo
    Teflon

• Photo
    Katrina1979

• Photo
    Max

• Photo
    BlueAndWhiteArmy

Historical info required

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
5 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Can anybody out there help me with a few queries ?

- On the cover of your 77/78 programme there's a team photo - are Mick Johnson or Graham Byford in it ? If so which one's are they ?

- Does anybody know anything more about the above two players' time at Gravesend, games played, who they moved to next, etc ?

Any help would be appreciated.

offline Alan ( GNFC )

Alan ( GNFC )
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Byford came from Margate ( Thanet ), he could well be in the picture .
Dont know of a Mick Johnson .

offline old git

old git
  • Reserves
is this the graham byford that played for southend utd as an apprentice as i know him

offline Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • Reserves
Mick Johnson was a local lad from Wallace Park. He drank in the Coopers Arms with his brother Don. Played for the reserves and on a couple of occasions due to severe injury problems made it into the first team. Football wise, don't think that he came from anywhere or went anywhere. .

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quote:
Hawkeye said:
Mick Johnson was a local lad from Wallace Park. He drank in the Coopers Arms with his brother Don.

Don Johnson? In Wallace Park?

offline Jeff Trice

Jeff Trice
  • First XI - Sub
Cheers for your replies, should have mentioned I wanted the info so that I can update my Margate FC History website - www.margatefchistory.co.uk - I know that sounds very dull to you Fleet fans (and to most Margate fans !) but quite a few players played for both clubs, including Johnson and Byford, so they have profiles on the site.

Old Git - I've sent you a private message to say that we are talking about the same Graham Byford and if you could put me in touch with him that'd be great.

Thanks again

Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus