Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Historical info required

Can anybody out there help me with a few queries ?

- On the cover of your 77/78 programme there's a team photo - are Mick Johnson or Graham Byford in it ? If so which one's are they ?

- Does anybody know anything more about the above two players' time at Gravesend, games played, who they moved to next, etc ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mick Johnson was a local lad from Wallace Park. He drank in the Coopers Arms with his brother Don. Played for the reserves and on a couple of occasions due to severe injury problems made it into the first team. Football wise, don't think that he came from anywhere or went anywhere. .

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for your replies, should have mentioned I wanted the info so that I can update my Margate FC History website - www.margatefchistory.co.uk - I know that sounds very dull to you Fleet fans (and to most Margate fans !) but quite a few players played for both clubs, including Johnson and Byford, so they have profiles on the site.

Old Git - I've sent you a private message to say that we are talking about the same Graham Byford and if you could put me in touch with him that'd be great.

Thanks again

Jeff