Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 22nd/23rd/24th/25th April

What on earth is going on at Aylesbury? Their reserve team has become a whipping horse, especially since christmas.

They never been the same since that chap in the know, Mr Rhodes, tipped them to walk the league.

What on earth is going on at Aylesbury? Their reserve team has become a whipping horse, especially since christmas.

Was at the game there last night. Aylesbury started with 10, a latecomer came on after 15 mins, then down to 10 again when a defender went off injured after an hour. Keeper was clearly injured and back 4 looked like youth team players. Hardly any home supporters, but I wouldn't want to pay £3 to watch them. My opinion is only based on last night and I can't say if this has been the case since Xmas or not. A lot easier for us than playing their full 1st team as we had to earlier in the season.

Half Times

PREMIER DIVISION

1-0 Haringey Borough v Oxhey Jets

0-0 Hertford Town v AFC Dunstable

DIVISION ONE

5-0 Codicote v Stony Stratford Town

2-0 London Lions v Kentish Town (@ Hemel Hempstead Town FC)

Thursday 25th April

PREMIER DIVISION

1-0 Haringey Borough v Oxhey Jets

0-1 Hertford Town v AFC Dunstable

DIVISION ONE

4-0 Cockfosters v Chesham United Reserves

6-0 Codicote v Stony Stratford Town

4-0 London Lions v Kentish Town (@ Hemel Hempstead Town FC)

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

3-0 Kings Langley Reserves v AFC Dunstable Reserves

3-5 The 61FC (Luton) Reserves v Hadley Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

4-0 Crawley Green Reserves v Tring Corinthians Reserves

4-1 Harpenden Town Reserves v Biggleswade United Reserves

4-0 Sun Postal Sports Reserves v Buckingham Athletic Reserves

So Oxhey's punishing schedule has finally worked against them. Second place (and promotion most likely) is Aylesbury's for the taking, and good luck to them. If they do get promoted, most clubs will lose their big payday of the season, always take a shedload of noisy (but friendly!) fans with them.

So Oxhey's punishing schedule has finally worked against them. Second place (and promotion most likely) is Aylesbury's for the taking, and good luck to them. If they do get promoted, most clubs will lose their big payday of the season, always take a shedload of noisy (but friendly!) fans with them.

Wouldn't be so sure, Hertford are no push-over!

I'm sure Aylesbury will be happy, even bigger average attendances.

Furthermore, if they get put in the Southern Central 1 they'll have 3 good local derbies!

Congrats to Aylesbury, a formality surely on finishing second. Just goes to show that you can finish second without a massive budget.

Oh no, hang on their budget is almost as large as ours but I'm sure that will be overlooked as I sit back and watch the w@nkfest over the once mighty ducks.

I can almost see a pattern emerging here. The three clubs with the biggest budgets have finished in the top 3. Amazing, but not exactly rocket science is it. Toodles!

Congrats to Aylesbury, a formality surely on finishing second. Just goes to show that you can finish second without a massive budget.

Oh no, hang on their budget is almost as large as ours but I'm sure that will be overlooked as I sit back and watch the w@nkfest over the once mighty ducks.

I can almost see a pattern emerging here. The three clubs with the biggest budgets have finished in the top 3. Amazing, but not exactly rocket science is it. Toodles!

One day you dispute anyone outside of the club knows the dunstable town budget, the next you claim to know every club's budget. Can't have it both ways.

Incidently, if anyone does want to watch a w@nkfest, just go onto dunstable's youtube channel, where 5 or 6 dirty old men gather round a vulnerable goal, film it and then over-excitedly explode every time a goal is scored.

Edited by Rebadiah Hongfield

(do you know what those are?)

The two biggest crowds of the season (with paying customers) were at Creasey Park this season for the "El Creasico", so yes would the answer to that ill informed question.

Would be a real shame if the once mighty ducks were to finish second, for their landlords to have the rug pulled out from under them by Central Beds Council. Hope they have a plan B for 2013/14. :-D