Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Software upgrade on the site

Hello,

Due to an annoying bug, I am going to have to upgrade the software on the site.

I am not anticipating any major downtime, but there might be one or two minor changes short term until I can adjust the various templates behind the scenes.

This annoying bug might allow one or two spammers onto the site, so if you see any spam please report it via the report.png button beneath every post.

At this time please ensure that your email account is correct.

You can check your settings by either using the pull down menu beneath 'My Stuff' and opting for 'My Settings' or by clicking here and selecting 'Email & Password'. You might like to check other options at the same time.

And before someone pipes up and says 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' - well it is! ;)

Thank you.

Annoying bug, Ian ?

Not an STD, I trust ???

:bolt:

Hello,

I have upgraded the forum software.

It is likely that there will be one or two issues to sort out.

If you discover any problems, please let me know by replying to this topic.

Thank you.

Better rub something on it then :)

Quote function not working - also only quoting last comment (is that deliberate?)

The quote seems to be okay - unless you mean something else.

Yes my mistake, but when I first post a reply to a quote the quote doesn't show whose post it is. Now I've come back to this thread I see that it has! oops.

However, when you used to quote and all of the posts were individually quoted, now it just shows the latest not what that quote was referring to, does that make sense?

Edit . Thanks, see your answer to embedding now, will it be put on again?

It might do - the way that they are handled has been changed in this version, so there is no longer an option to limit the number of embedded quotes.

I need to look into it deeper.

If I enable it now, then we might end up with posts containing loads of quotes.

Cheers Ian. Hope it comes back to some extent since sometimes the reply you are quoting doesn't necessarily have a context if you know what I mean?

Archived