Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC HORNCHURCH Summer Rumour/Fact thread

Worcester City of Blue Square North in trouble. Until Friday to save the club so this article says...

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/wcfc/read_article/10401262.Worcester_City_FC_on_the_brink/

They've lost their ground as well and now ground sharing at Kidderminster.

Word going round the 'Blues'  training ground at Cobham, is that Rafa B is going to give you a hand next season !!

:bolt:

Would be sad to see Worcester go, but it's been inevitable since David Boddy signed their death knell.

Talking with a contact in Worcester, an AFC Worcester is being looked at and possibly ground-sharing at Stourport, Malvern or Pershore.

Cup of Tea, if you look on the Worcester News website there is a whole bunch about Worcester City's situation in their archives.

Basically, a former chairman (David Boddy) signed them up to move to a new site near the M5 and sold the ground to fund the move.  The club's ground is now going for houses, and there is no guarantee that a new stadium for Worcester will ever be built in the city.

If Worcester go, then Hinckley stay up (?)  

There is some confusion as to what happens.

Some are led to believe that any club that virtually goes bust for one of the north or south will mean that the highest points scoring third from bottom side of the two divisions gets the reprieve.

But I have also heard that if someone from the north goes bust then a team from the north gets the reprieve,Same with the south

Cup of Tea, if you look on the Worcester News website there is a whole bunch about Worcester City's situation in their archives.

Basically, a former chairman (David Boddy) signed them up to move to a new site near the M5 and sold the ground to fund the move.  The club's ground is now going for houses, and there is no guarantee that a new stadium for Worcester will ever be built in the city.

Thank you Mr Mayor - common sense would suggest that someone from the BSN would stay if they go, I don't know anymore.

Why Hinckley?  Surely Corby if it's a BSN side - or are there hidden rules re geography i.e. Hinckley is closer to Worcester than Corby and Droylsden are.  Or, given Hinckley were reprieved the previous year they deserve another go !

Plenty going on though, but suspect Aldershot is irrelevant unless they drop 3 divisions.

Andy's right, it would be Corby reprieved.

The Aldershot situation is very interesting.  I hope they survive, as it is never nice to see a club suffer.

We was told that if one club from the north or south went bust,then the 3rd place club from the north or south with the most points would be reprieved.

This was I believe confirmed by someone in authority so it would be handy if only comments of the factual nature were observed.

Edited by Eastside Urchin

Think you are right EU.. provided the usual rules about goal difference apply

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/rules.php

5.4 Where a vacancy occurs within the NLS the following procedures will apply:- (i) Where a vacancy occurs in a particular division prior to the end of the Playing Season, the Club concerned would be classed as one of the relegated Clubs in a relegation position. (ii) Where a vacancy occurs following the completion of the Playing Season then the best ranked Club in a relegation position across the particular Step would be reprieved. The ranking to be determined by the average points gained per game played and comparable league position. (iii) Where a vacancy occurs after the date of a League AGM then a competition would not be able to replace the Club(s) concerned.

Firstly, it was a massive achievement for both Billericay and Hornchurch to get promoted in the first place.

For me personally, after the way we fought at the latter part of the season, it was a disappointment to get relegated. 

Ryman Premier might give Hornchurch the chance to regroup but I think the club would like to get a reprieve and have another crack at the BSS or whatever it's called next season. Time will tell what happens. If it's Ryman Prem then so be it.

We was told that if one club from the north or south went bust,then the 3rd place club from the north or south with the most points would be reprieved.

This was I believe confirmed by someone in authority so it would be handy if only comments of the factual nature were observed.

I think we all know the rules re intra-step reprievals (though it can get more confusing up and down the pyramid)  .. we were merely stating what would happen should Worcester go under and what the outcome would be based on the scenario you proposed i.e.

There is some confusion as to what happens.

Some are led to believe that any club that virtually goes bust for one of the north or south will mean that the highest points scoring third from bottom side of the two divisions gets the reprieve.

But I have also heard that if someone from the north goes bust then a team from the north gets the reprieve,Same with the south

Edited by andydick