Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Yet Another Club In Trouble - Sidley United

According to a post on NLM, Sussex County side Sidley United could be the next club heading for difficult times.

Something needs to be done to stop these clubs getting into trouble.

Why?  

In my opinion, it is totally wrong to let a club struggle and hopefully they can remedy whatever problems they have or get somebody in who can offer help/assistance/money even.

If Romford were in trouble, and I offered £100k or whatever amount, I'm sure you'd be very grateful for me coming in to help.

Why?  

In my opinion, it is totally wrong to let a club struggle and hopefully they can remedy whatever problems they have or get somebody in who can offer help/assistance/money even.

If Romford were in trouble, and I offered £100k or whatever amount, I'm sure you'd be very grateful for me coming in to help.

Businesses fail all the time so why should football clubs be any different? and if I have any spare cash I would give it to a charity that helps keep people alive rather than a football club who in general get into trouble by spending money they don't have.

If you want to give Romford £100,000 I'm sure the club would be delighted to take it though.

I would give to charity as well, but a local one rather than a national one like Macmillan Cancer Research.  I fund-raised for them previously, and found out that a good amount of the money I raised was 'pocketed' by the admin staff.

Going back to the football, I agree that clubs should not over-stretch themselves but I don't know about Sidley's circumstances (appears to be land usage/right to use the pitch).

I hope it can all be sorted soon though.

EDIT: Pitchero have more on the story: http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/sidley-united-future-in-doubt-22088/

Also saw on Pitchero that Monty Python's Flying Circus FC (aka Kettering Town) are still in trouble - handed a 56 day reprieve, but that club is a car crash.

All the time the Euro keeps crashing abroad, and this government wastes billions and billions of pounds abroad on stupid schemes and aid to countries that don't need it, more and more and more clubs will fold.

Simples.

All the time the Euro keeps crashing abroad, and this government wastes billions and billions of pounds abroad on stupid schemes and aid to countries that don't need it, more and more and more clubs will fold.

Simples.

What on earth has the Euro crashing or the government giving aid to countries got to do with football clubs going broke? and are you suggesting the British taxpayer should bale out failing clubs that get into trouble through irresponsible spending.

Time for football to be privatised.

Anybody got Sir Richard Branson's number?

Simples.

What on earth has the Euro crashing or the government giving aid to countries got to do with football clubs going broke? and are you suggesting the British taxpayer should bale out failing clubs that get into trouble through irresponsible spending.

Absolutely not.

This country, like most decent countries in this corrupt world, is in the sh1t right up up to it's neck.

Please have a very hard close look at this weekends council elections.  UKIP.  It must be the way forward.

Careful John, UKIP is a four letter word to some ;)

I will admit to having a few celebratory pints (hic!) this afternoon though.   Gloucestershire has NOC thanks to UKIP taking 3 seats here and NO Tories on any of them!

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Gloucestershire-County-Council-Elections-2013/story-18871292-detail/story.html#axzz2Rj5QUyFG

Archived