Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2013/14 Season?

Burnham Ramblers going up

Barkingside going up

Ilford coming down

Does anyone have any news/gossip on new teams joining the league? 

League could run at 18 teams next season.

An interesting aspect is the London Bari situation regarding their ground share at Clapton FC.

The League are now aware, having received Land Registry documents, that Clapton FC have no registered proprietary interest at the ground to the extent that they can sub-let or sub lease the ground.  It would appear that the League, Bari, and the members clubs who voted on this at last year's AGM, were unaware of this at the time.

The lease holding company, who, remarkably, were not a party to last year's agreement, are also unable to provide a ground share.

So one wonders what will happen in this regard.

Don't think it matters unless Bari are going to run as a feeder team to Redbridge (or Redbridge's reserves) - as Del & Ports have left the club after being told that the club has been taken over & a new manager wil be appointed

Oh & that's from a third party who received a text from Del

Its been long rumoured that the Bari boys were going to be taking over Redbridge and it is true it has happened , no need for someone to make an offivcial announcement as its been running for around 4 months now.

Steve and Del are out but considering what a poor job they did in almost getting Redbridge relegated its not a surprise, now lets see what moneybags Bari ooops Redbridge can do next season

Del and Steve did a great job with a young side and virtually no money.The orecchiette alla barese finished mid table in the ESL throwing money right left and centre.See what they are gonna do in a tough looking Ryman 1 next year. Will they finish 4th from bottom? That is gonna be a great achievement methinks.

The Queen Mother has died as well...I think a bottom four finish is a realistic target looking at the calibre of teams in that league next season. I can see only 3 teams that can possibly finish below Redbridge next year.

I watched them on a Cup night when they got smashed by the team that finished bottom in the ESl I mean Bowers and understood why they finished 10 th place.They might attract some mercenaries and non league journeymen from all the woods in London and paired with an inexperienced management who have been relatively successful at Sunday league level( my older son won the Champions League with Swansea at Fifa 14) is not a recipe for success. When Craig Edwards took Redbridge to the dizzy heights they never had more than 150 through the gates.Can't see that working long term. Just an opinion chaps.Don't take to heart.

It appears that Haringey Borough are switiching from Spartan South Midlands League to ESL - so at least 2 games a season at White Hart Lane. Also heard Fc Romania are coming into ESL from intermediate football. I had the misfortune to see them play last season in the Vase at Hoddesdon and they were a disgrace. Dirty, play-acting, spitting, harranging the officials thorughout - fortunately the ref was strong and took to crap from them. If teams keep their discipline against them then you will beat them.

They groundshare at Cheshunt I believe.

Archived