Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Someone needs sacking already ....

So on my Sunday evening chill out when i like to read all non league weekly news i came across this article that caught my eye. Now, we had this man down our club Sun Postal 5/6 Seasons back and again i see him play again for Hendon v Wealstone and Peter Dean taught him a 90minute lesson on how to play. Let me tell you he is such a long way from setting the world alight ...

Quick - yes, fit - yes. technique - non excistant. Cant tackle, cant head, no positional sense. But then again I guess this all but proves what our non league games all about. I'll be double interested to hear 4/5 weeks into the season any st albans fans thoughts on this perculiar transfer decision.

Im sure his a lovely kid. But c'mon Mr Gray there's plenty more fish out there my friend.

RB.

post-10383-0-15811300-1372021698_thumb.jpg

Yes you're right it does sound like a vendetta but its not against the player more so St.Albans.

Just disappointed in that level at the moment really, specially when they only have to look down the road at SSML football and aylesbury's Jack Wood or Hanwell Towns Connor Duffy III to find so much more footballing ability.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you're right it does sound like a vendetta but its not against the player more so St.Albans.

Just disappointed in that level at the moment really, specially when they only have to look down the road at SSML football and aylesbury's Jack Wood or Hanwell Towns Connor Duffy III to find so much more footballing ability.

Having played 42 games for Hendon last season then he must be of a decent standard at this level.

The right back position has been niggle for the Saints since the team that started last season fell apart after the sacking of the manager mid season.

You have to look at this in the context of budget and formation. On the left side we have an attacking left back who loves the overlap and does so at pace. It appears the management duo have devised a formation around that style and this guy fits the bill, given the attributes you describe. The new recruits this season appear to confirm this. With the signing of John Frendo, league leading scorer last season and the addition of some experienced heads to add to some exciting young prospects coming through a successful youth team, the future looks brighter than for some time.

Going to the pre season friendly against Edgar David's Barnet, who were relegated from league 2 last season, so an initial evaluation opportunity will be there.

I will report back....

• 4 weeks later...

Archived