Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Visiting the area, looking to take in a friendly on Saturday 20th July

Hello! Hoping you friendly non-league types can help. I'm a bit of a foreigner here, as I'm from "The North" and will be in/around the SSML area, vsiting my girlfriend, and looking to take in a friendly on Saturday 20th July as she's at work.

When I'm back home and not at a Bay (you're probably wondering who I support. Whitley Bay, of the Ebac Northern League Div 1) match, I do love a groundhop, so I figured this was an ideal opportunity to see something a bit different to the football back home. Anything goes, Step 1 (Gateshead) to Step 10 (University teams, and literal pub sides) with Whitley sitting nicely at Step 5.

I disgress. I'll be coming from SG7 (Baldock), and after reading the list of fixtures here I was wondering which the best game to go to would be, bearing in mind that I don't drive and I intend to walk there and back (decent legs, and limited funds!)

Any info about prices, postcodes, pints/pie quality, will be greatly appreciated. Best of luck to all SSML clubs this season, perhaps we'll meet in the FA Cup or the FA Vase. I recognise a couple of club names already, I remember our Vase ties v Dunstable, and also Biggleswade.

You can find a list of fixtures for SSML Clubs here http://www.nonleague.co.uk/topic/176501-pre-season-friendlies-2013/?p=1906345

I would recommend that you check with the Club Secretaries to confirm details before travelling. 

I would suggest

Ware v Hertford Town (Kick Off 1.00pm @ Wodson Park) followed by Wodson Park v Cockfosters (3.00pm)

however others that are in your area would be

Ampthill Town vs Royston Town (3:00pm)

Codicote vs AFC Kempston (3:00pm)

Hertford Heath vs St Margarestbury (3:00pm)

Panshanger vs Welwyn Garden City

UK Football Academy vs Hoddesdon Town (12:00noon, North Herts College, Hitchin)

Wormley Rovers vs Colney Heath

You can find a list of fixtures for SSML Clubs here http://www.nonleague.co.uk/topic/176501-pre-season-friendlies-2013/?p=1906345

I would recommend that you check with the Club Secretaries to confirm details before travelling. 

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I'd seen that page, it's very handy, everything in one place! I'll check with the relevant people before I go. That UK Academy game at North Herts College caught my eye.

I would suggest

Ware v Hertford Town (Kick Off 1.00pm @ Wodson Park) followed by Wodson Park v Cockfosters (3.00pm)

however others that are in your area would be

Ampthill Town vs Royston Town (3:00pm)

Codicote vs AFC Kempston (3:00pm)

Hertford Heath vs St Margarestbury (3:00pm)

Panshanger vs Welwyn Garden City

UK Football Academy vs Hoddesdon Town (12:00noon, North Herts College, Hitchin)

Wormley Rovers vs Colney Heath

UK Football Academy vs Hoddesdon Town gets my vote so far. I'll look into it further, thanks for your reply! :)

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I'd seen that page, it's very handy, everything in one place! I'll check with the relevant people before I go. That UK Academy game at North Herts College caught my eye.

UK Football Academy vs Hoddesdon Town gets my vote so far. I'll look into it further, thanks for your reply! :)

Afterwards you could always catch the 314 from Hitchin town centre at 2.00pm to Codicote, arriving 2.20pm

I'd reccomend Ampthill vs Royston. 2 good sides, both pusihing for promotion next season-albeit one division apart!

I love Ampthill's ground, very quaint, think any Non-League fan should visit it.

Codicote are a good watch too!

Enjoy!! :)

Hello! Hoping you friendly non-league types can help. I'm a bit of a foreigner here, as I'm from "The North" and will be in/around the SSML area, vsiting my girlfriend, and looking to take in a friendly on Saturday 20th July as she's at work.

When I'm back home and not at a Bay (you're probably wondering who I support. Whitley Bay, of the Ebac Northern League Div 1) match, I do love a groundhop, so I figured this was an ideal opportunity to see something a bit different to the football back home. Anything goes, Step 1 (Gateshead) to Step 10 (University teams, and literal pub sides) with Whitley sitting nicely at Step 5.

I disgress. I'll be coming from SG7 (Baldock), and after reading the list of fixtures here I was wondering which the best game to go to would be, bearing in mind that I don't drive and I intend to walk there and back (decent legs, and limited funds!)

Any info about prices, postcodes, pints/pie quality, will be greatly appreciated. Best of luck to all SSML clubs this season, perhaps we'll meet in the FA Cup or the FA Vase. I recognise a couple of club names already, I remember our Vase ties v Dunstable, and also Biggleswade.

Mate, you should watch Ampthill v Royston, Ampthill are going to win the vase this year. lol

Archived