Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-January 18 )

• Photo
    budman13

• Photo
    Alfieboy

• Photo
    PurpleTram

• Photo
    Spongebob Squarepants

• Photo
    dan8

• Photo
    E&E Rich

May I be the 1st

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
28 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
COME ON U CANVEY!, u deserve 2 win it
good luck 4 the rest of the season
purfleetyouthfirm

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
the size of the club is debatable, how amazingly shít the ricky were at park lane isnt!

offline Ryan.c

Ryan.c
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
The 'Tilson is god' person wants to get back on his canoe and start rowing. Maybe look-up a little bit of BTFC history while you sail out into the Norh Sea (and Canvey's). 'Ave Canvey been to Wembley, 'ave they f*ck.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Granted Billericay were bigger than Canvey for the first 3/4 of last century, but that was then... this is now!<p>Canvey have been chasing the pack while the likes of Grays & Purfleet were way out in front. Then in the last 8 years Canvey have caught up and they are now leading.<p>As regards to the attendances, the locals haven't yet realised what a football club they have on the island.<p>My friend would rather go and see a Southend league game than a Canvey one, just because he's never heard of the opposition we're playing (says something about this league don't it!)<p>The crowds come out for our big cup games cause they've seen Port Vale, Northampton & Brighton on Grandstand or MotD.<p>I think the bigger the opposition we play the more interested fans will be. I mean in the next five years we could be playing Southend in the league. Just look where Colchester were in 1991 - Vauxhall Conference with Slough Town!<p>I think Billericay could be slightly jealous that after they've been one of the bigger non-league Essex teams for such a while along comes a little 'pub team' and knocks them off pole position.<p>Pumpkin images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
These Billercay fans make me laugh so much.
No we havent played at Wembley its not our fault that they dont play finals there anymore.
Big deal you played there 3 times in the 70's in the the Michkey Mouse vase.
Well maybe you should drop down a few Divisions so you can play in the vase again. Thats just about your level.

offline cangull

cangull
  • First XI - Sub
Mr. Crawshaw - Perhaps you would like to explain the so called Tosh that I am supposed to have stated; If you can't then perhaps you would use the 'quote' facility and explain yourself that way. I do not withdraw my 'Scratched record' statement, because your repeated statements are very yawnsome and would add that you live on so called 'glories' that are now in the past and you are obviously someone that strives to avoid the present and future of an ambitious football club. The game moves on Mr Crawshaw and so should you!!

offline Simon BTFC

Simon BTFC
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr> I think the bigger the opposition we play the more interested fans will be. I mean in the next five years we could be playing Southend in the league. Just look where Colchester were in 1991 - Vauxhall Conference with Slough Town!<p> <hr></blockquote><p>Yes but Colchester went down into the conference from the league, with a core fan base of ca. 2000 as opposed to 500. Do you really think the "locals" are going to come out in their thousands for Canvey v Morecambe/Scarborough/Leigh RMI etc etc? <p>Perhaps a better comparison would be "look at Slough" - went chasing after success in an unsustainable fashion and wound up in div 1.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Vic, all I said was that Ricay are a bigger club than Canvey, and thats not living in the past, so much of what you say is rather irrelevant.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Just to put the record straight I'm not a Billericay fan, though I may take up Simon's kind offer to join, and I'm not a G&N fan as such though I will admit to having a soft spot for them. IMHO Ricay are certainly one of the bigger clubs in the Ryman Prem. and yes Canvey's poor attendances must be a source of great embarrasment to them, even a local derby with Grays attracted less than G&N v Basingstoke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus