Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today at Frimley

Fuzzy Royal

So, I woke up this morning, beautiful sunshine, little bit fresh and thought "lovely day for a game of footy". Within an hour my bubble was bust as the heavens opened and it was chucking it down. Half an hour later lovely sunshine again, and so it went on. Not really sure whether to bring the brolly or sunglasses (ended up not raining during the game, but was always a threat..)

And this was a bit like the game, we started brightly, then let Frimley in a bit (the rain metaphor) and this sort of went on throughout the game. 

Prematch note - Cracking little Harvester 2 minutes up the road, friendly service and delightful location.

In my opinion we deserved the result, 3-1 about right, but if the penalty had been scored how different could it have been? If Ben had been booked earlier for diving (why does he do that, he is such a good player!!) would it have been different?

So onto the game itself, well with a strong wind and a slope that only really really showed how steep it was in the second half (oh and being behind the goal but lower than the pitch is most disconcerting, can we get a ground grading requirement to outlaw this?!?!?) and a pitch that was more bobbly than it looked the game was surprisingly good.

attacking both teams looked dangerous, defensively Frimley looked shakey and Windsor looked more composed. i would also say the two sets of players played the game in a pretty good spirit, there were no stupid OTT challenges, the standard banter and niggles of a game but nothing to anger the bumper 80+ crowd. I would note that a few of the Windsor players could have picked up bookings from a more self indulgent ref for silly things (jumping into the keeper a little late, not hurting him but just silly).

The ref was okay and set his stall out early, wrong decisions but consistently so and you can't ask for much more at this level, the players knew where they stood.

So the game itself ended 3-1, quality finished from Ben and Kane and very good first goal by our No 4 after a phenomenal save by their keeper point blank from George. I feel the keepers X-rated outrage and throwing of water bottles was justified as his defence admired his save long enough for our player to nip in and pop the loose ball into the net.

The Frimley goal was a strange one, from what i saw our defender went to boot the ball out of our six yard box, or there abouts and it seemed to hit one of defenders and deflect in. I was also told it came off a Frimley player and deflected in, but either way disappointing to let in I'm sure.

Finally, a bizarre red card, or so i thought. Right at the end, the ref blew for a foul, then out of nowhere pulled aFrimley player aside and brandished a red card. Frimley didn't complain too much and our players appeared not to appeal for a red? Apparently he kicked Dan Hicks for no reason, silly billy and I bet his manager wasn't happy.

So well done chaps, great result and good effort and response after a few poor performances.

Comment of the day:

Unnamed Fan(to protect the innocent) after not getting a penalty "So if its not a penalty, book him for diving!!"

Me: "So if its not a foul and the player goes down it has to be a dive?"

UF: "Yes"

If that is ever taken up by FIFA as a directive games are going to end up with very few players remaining come 90 minutes, but you heard it here first........

Good report.

VERY pleased to see Ben and Kane get on the score sheet.

I really think Kane could be a very significant player for us this season. He has matured a lot over the last 2 seasons and I think he has bags of potential if he can get his finishing sorted. Good finish today and that bodes well. Still only 18.

Well done Dan on strengthening the midfield and a decent debut for the 4 who I believe was Kyle Jeffrey. (So 2nd debut.)

Well done Dan on strengthening the midfield and a decent debut for the 4 who I believe was Kyle Jeffrey. (So 2nd debut.)

Kyle never actually got on the pitch in his first spell with the club so that was his debut.

Archived