Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor 1-3 Epsom & Ewell

Rother

I like Adam Kirby. He's good in the air, calm in possession and very athletic.

But he should be banned from playing the ball backwards. Jeez!

I thought we played some nice football today, kept the ball down, tried to keep the ball and built from the back which was good to see. And really in the 1st part of the 2nd half should have gone a couple of goals up but for some poor finishing.

On that subject I think finishing has been a definite weakness this season. Sometimes it's a lack of composure, other times we seem shot shy when the goal is gaping.

Agreed with the red card, Harris dived in at a million miles an hour and got the man. He is whole hearted not dirty but he chucks himself into those challenges and if / when he misses the ball it's generally going to be a card of some description.

Not really sure why the mini-brawl ensued, no credit to Windsor there at all.

Something's missing from last season. I suspect it's Alan Parris.

There was no way we deserved to lose that game. Carl Dennison probably had as quiet a game as he will have all season. If we can reduce the number of unforced errors I am confident that we will do well. Not sure I agree with the comment of not creating chances this season. August saw us create loads. September has just been a bit down but nothing to get down about.

Any chance of the players having some penalty practice?

Well, I didn't say we're not creating chances, we are - it's converting them that's been the problem of late. 2 gilt edged chances early in the 2nd half yesterday missed; prediction was made alongside me that we'd regret that later on and he was right.

Maybe Dennison should take the bleedin' pens! 

Anyway, as I said, I thought we played some nice football yesterday and on balance of play / chances I'd agree we didn't deserve to lose. It's becoming a bit of a habit though!

John, the tyres may need rebalancing but the wheels definitely aren't falling off !

Bring back John Mitchell to take the pens, never missed one in a Windsor shirt then he signed for Slough and missed one against us. LOL.

I don't think finishing is the real issue as the scoring to chances created ratio is probably about right or even slightly better for this level of football, it's the very simple basic errors that are killing us at the moment with another suicidal back pass and a needless handball costing us the game on Saturday.  On the subject of the handball I don't undertsand why, if it was deemed deliberate, that he wasn't booked and subsequently sent off as that would have been a second yellow ?  Then again I couldn't understand how their keeper stayed on the pitch at the end following the handbags which he was guilty of starting and raised his hands several times directly in front of the officials !  

Re the handball, bit of a daft thing to do but it was accidental really. Does that count anymore? He dived with his arms by his side and it hit one of his arms. Bit unfortunate but I suppose in this day and age everyone would have expected a pen.

The ref momentarily made as if to reach for his back pocket but I think he thought better of it knowing he was already on a yellow, which was fair enough from the common-sense viewpoint. But I can see it's probably at odds with the decision to award the pen in the 1st place.

Archived