Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor Vs Alton 01/10/2013

Greengrass

3-0 win last night against a poor Alton side. Windsor didn't look great but a clean sheet and a win is obviously a positive.

One disappointment from last night was the facilities and presentation. I appreciate the club is run by volunteers, however to have absolutely no lighting apart from the turnstile, tea hut and clubhouse is poor. There is a large number of elderly supporters attending games and for them to have to walk from the turnstiles to the stand or the opposite side of the pitch without any lighting is really poor and dangerous. In fact only 10 minutes before kick off did the floodlights come on accompanied by the light in the stand.

From driving past you wouldnt have known a game was on, I wonder how many people would have driven past and maybe stopped if they had noticed? Maybe not many but something to consider.

Also the lack of a PA anncouncer is pretty poor. It would be nice for the team line ups to be read out prior to kick off.

Like I have previously said, I appreciate the club is run by volunteers and a fantastic job they all do, however this season it seems the matchday standards have slightly slipped unfortunately.

Nice to see that Mal and Steve have tightened up the wheel-nuts !!

:bolt:

The lights on the driveway to the clubhouse ie main stand side were certainly on when I arrived so unless someone turned them off there shouldn't have been an issue ! 

I understand what you're saying about the far side though and isn't helped because we don't turn the floodlights on early due to the fact they now have a floodlit area outside to warm up on - as Geggy has said though it's something we can bring up at committee.  

Agree about the PA as the place is like a morgue when there's no one to do it.  The current incumbent lives in Essex and can't do midweek games and to be honest there's no one else who can/will/ or is free from other jobs to do it but new volunteers are always welcome ! 

Archived