Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey F.C.

Smudge

Just in case any of you Forumites,are missing Guernsey updates,I thought I would update you on their Ryman South progress.Sitting in 5th place(play offs) having played 18 games they are doing nicely.One story that many of you may not be aware of is that Worthing F.C. on their return trip from the Island,misbehaved on the Plane home.Their actions incurred a £10,000 fine from the Ryman League,£5,000 Suspended for 2 years(is this a record at this level).

Normally, if there are troublesome passengers on board a plane, the Captain will radio ahead to the destination airport, and 'plod' will be waiting on the tarmac.

If their only punishment was being sacked by Worthing F.C., they got off very lightly.

People like that are a complete disgrace to the game !

Brought the Ryman League into disrepute was the charge.Nice little earner for them,for doing F.ALL.Leagues love a fine.Referees are bringing the game into disrepute according to Mark Halsey,lets hope the F.A. Fine them.

Referees are not exempt from the discipline process, should they be involved in something that would be worthy of a charge and can be suspended and/or fined should such action be required. Such cases are rare - referees, by definition being a group of people who apply the Laws of the Game, tending to be less likely to commit serious transgressions.

Smudge, you (and others) might be interested to learn that The FA are running a perception survey about grassroots football, which will help the County FAs to identify their development priorities.

Anyone who can spare two minutes to take the survey should click here:

http://www.criticalsurveys.co.uk/scripts/dkwebserve_adv.cgi?survey=4952w 

Referees are not exempt from the discipline process, should they be involved in something that would be worthy of a charge and can be suspended and/or fined should such action be required. Such cases are rare - referees, by definition being a group of people who apply the Laws of the Game, tending to be less likely to commit serious transgressions.

Smudge, you (and others) might be interested to learn that The FA are running a perception survey about grassroots football, which will help the County FAs to identify their development priorities.

Anyone who can spare two minutes to take the survey should click here:

http://www.criticalsurveys.co.uk/scripts/dkwebserve_adv.cgi?survey=4952w 

Beano,link does not work on my computer.

Just in case any of you Forumites,are missing Guernsey updates,I thought I would update you on their Ryman South progress.Sitting in 5th place(play offs) having played 18 games they are doing nicely.One story that many of you may not be aware of is that Worthing F.C. on their return trip from the Island,misbehaved on the Plane home.Their actions incurred a £10,000 fine from the Ryman League,£5,000 Suspended for 2 years(is this a record at this level).

Not so brilliant yesterday, Smudger !!

"Walton & Hersham 4, Guernsey FC 0

Will Turl’s hat-trick condemned Guernsey FC to their second successive Ryman South away defeat on a miserable afternoon at Stompond Lane/"

Edited by Big J R

Beano,link does not work on my computer.

Sorry about that, Smudge & FM. It worked for me, but it seems the survey site doesn't like the way this forum shortens links.

An alternative way in is via the Middlesex FA website, as there's an article there which contains a link to the survey, as well as a "splash" page which will take you straight in if it comes up.

Try this link to the article:

http://www.middlesexfa.com/news/2013/dec/help-shape-the-future-of-football

Edited by Beano

• 2 weeks later...

Eastbourne Town 3 v 3 Guernsey,a weakened Guernsey spurn 3-1 lead.Seems as though Guernsey are suffering a few injury woes at the moment,and with a small squad this will make their promotion hopes slimmer.Chertsey go down 2-1 at Daventry,Johnno must be in danger of being replaced.

Normally, if there are troublesome passengers on board a plane, the Captain will radio ahead to the destination airport, and 'plod' will be waiting on the tarmac.

I was told that this was considered by the Authorities.

I was told that this was considered by the Authorities.

We occasionally get reports in the local press of court appearances by naughty people being taken off planes at Gatwick, and usually, the sentences handed down are quite severe, often custodial, and quite rightly so !!

OH DEAR,Anything Arsenal can do,Guernsey can do better.The Fans are in uproar on the Island after they let in 6 against Horsham.They probably put out their weakest team since they were formed,now talking about bringing in manelanders,as it seems the local players,have lost the desire to travel.Especially as they dont get a bean for doing so.

Have the Ryman League Managers all signed up to GFCTV,so that they can watch every ball kicked by the Guernsey Team.Thus giving them the edge over Tony Vance the Guernsey supremo,who cannot see the oppo play week in week out.Is it time for GFCTV only to show live matches in the Island,to aid their progress?

Smudges coment about Guernsey , I didn't think bringing in mainlanders was an option.

It was all about players from the Island and how far up the pyramid they could go.

Where they are now seems to be their levell.

They have done very well to get to the Ryman setup.

Unless they go back on their word and bring in from across the channel ( this will cost money ) Ryman premier is a step too far.

Now watch, they will get promoted!