Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thomas Hitzlsperger

Rhodes

What do we think about him 'coming out' folks, he is being praised for his actions and Joey Barton of all people hypocritically tweeted 'Thomas Hitzlsperger has shown a lot of courage today, sad times when people have to wait till they retire from their chosen profession before they feel other people will judge them solely on who the human being is, shame on all of us as a society'.

What has anybody's sexuality got to do with anybody in this day and age ?

In what way is Barton Hypocritical as first poster suggests??

Well if Hitzlsperger was still playing over here today and came up against Barton it would make Roy Keane and Alf-Inge Haaland seem like chicken feed

Huh? What does that even mean?

Interesting article from Le Saux linked below. Thankfully things are moving forward at a pace now but there's a helluva long way to go.

What a bunch of complete [****!!****]ers feature in his story. Horrendous stuff.

http://reflectionsasia.wordpress.com/2007/09/11/graeme-le-saux-how-gay-slurs-almost-wrecked-my-career/

Huh? What does that even mean?

Interesting article from Le Saux linked below. Thankfully things are moving forward at a pace now but there's a helluva long way to go.

What a bunch of complete [****!!****]ers feature in his story. Horrendous stuff.

http://reflectionsasia.wordpress.com/2007/09/11/graeme-le-saux-how-gay-slurs-almost-wrecked-my-career/

I totally agree, Rother.

It just goes to show that if you pooled the total brain-power of a premiership side, and then turned it into gun-powder, there would not be enough power to blow the goal keepers cap off !

I think it was even braver of Hitzlspereger to come out and admit he once played for West Ham!

PRICELESS, Hookey !!

I wonder whether any of Hitzlspereger's former team mates in this Country and elsewhere suspected anything as he must have been looking at their manhood's in the bath or showers mustn't he

I wonder whether any of Hitzlspereger's former team mates in this Country and elsewhere suspected anything as he must have been looking at their manhood's in the bath or showers mustn't he

You obviously have experience of this Rhodesly, is that what you did when showering with the boys after a kickabout on Hackney Marshes?

You obviously have experience of this Rhodesly, is that what you did when showering with the boys after a kickabout on Hackney Marshes?

Loosely - What automatically makes you think that, isn't that what the likes of Hitzlspereger and Justin Fashanu would do

Loosely - What automatically makes you think that, isn't that what the likes of Hitzlspereger and Justin Fashanu would do

Obviously you have a greater knowledge of these things then I do, you must have acquired it somehow, either by thinking the same way you feel gay people do or being a disgusting bigot.

Which one is it Rhodesly?

Loosely - Well neither but surely you admit it's not exactly normal behaviour for a male to stare at another male's manhood's at communal baths or showers so, like I said, that should have exposed Hitzlspereger in the dressing room after a game or after training shouldn't it

Loosely - Well neither but surely you admit it's not exactly normal behaviour for a male to stare at another male's manhood's at communal baths or showers so, like I said, that should have exposed Hitzlspereger in the dressing room after a game or after training shouldn't it

Are you saying that Thomas Hitzlsperger stared at other male's penises whilst in the communal baths or showers following a game or after training.

Can you just clarify this, how you know this and whether you observed this?

I mean if you can't that just means you made it up or that would be the behaviour you adopted as a gay man wouldn't it?

I don't remember showers at Hackney Marshes, but as the pubs only opened for two hours on a Sunday lunchtime, we wouldnt have bothered anyway. Waste of good drinking time.

I don't remember showers at Hackney Marshes, but as the pubs only opened for two hours on a Sunday lunchtime, we wouldnt have bothered anyway. Waste of good drinking time.

Well that lets you off the hook from knowing the intimate habits of gay footballers Alan, for now. Meantime Rhodesly still is. 

:D

I don't remember showers at Hackney Marshes

They installed showers at Hackney Marshes shortly after I started playing over there in the mid to late 70s but they weren’t very appealing and resembled gas chambers. It was actually quite difficult to avoid looking at players manhoods but you wouldn’t go out of your way to or stare whereas the likes of Hitzlsperger and Justin Fashanu would have a field day

They installed showers at Hackney Marshes shortly after I started playing over there in the mid to late 70s but they weren’t very appealing and resembled gas chambers. It was actually quite difficult to avoid looking at players manhoods but you wouldn’t go out of your way to or stare whereas the likes of Hitzlsperger and Justin Fashanu would have a field day

I go swimming most days, and I don't spend my time looking at looking at all the ladies nice bits. That might be due to the fact that most of the ladies are in their 60s and 70s though. 

The 'sins of the flesh' have been the ruin of many people haven't they, male and female

• 7 months later...

I read an interesting article in Four Four Two magazine a couple of weeks back about homophobia and racism in the beautiful game today, particularly in Russia, and Thomas Hitzlsberger only daring to come out after he had finished his playing career. If 'brave' Hitzlsberger felt so strongly about his sexuality then why didn't he come out whilst he was still playing seeing how, supposedly, the game has changed so much since the infamous days of the so called Three Degrees and Justin Fashanu for example:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/features/homophobia-and-racism-still-prevail-russia-they-need-more-time