Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thomas Hitzlsperger

Rhodes

I read an interesting article in Four Four Two magazine a couple of weeks back about homophobia and racism in the beautiful game today, particularly in Russia, and Thomas Hitzlsberger only daring to come out after he had finished his playing career. If 'brave' Hitzlsberger felt so strongly about his sexuality then why didn't he come out whilst he was still playing seeing how, supposedly, the game has changed so much since the infamous days of the so called Three Degrees and Justin Fashanu for example:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/features/homophobia-and-racism-still-prevail-russia-they-need-more-time

How brave are you Rhodesly? Why haven't you come out? I mean it's pretty much common knowledge but none of us could care less. 

I mean it's pretty much common knowledge

Loosely - Really, what, with six kids

Loosely - Really, what, with six kids

Hardly unique Rhodesly. You never married though did you? Anyway, as I said, none of us could care less whether you pay rent boys for their company. Good for you Rhodesly.

Coming back to Hitzlsperger, and the topic of this thread, strangely, there always seemed to be something a little bit strange and not quite right about him when he played in this Country, I wasn't able to put my finger on it until he came out and then I put two and two together

Coming back to Hitzlsperger, and the topic of this thread, strangely, there always seemed to be something a little bit strange and not quite right about him when he played in this Country, I wasn't able to put my finger on it until he came out and then I put two and two together

And made none of your doubts known before hand. How strange, a bit like BULLLLLLLLLLSHIT.

Yeah, that's what the 2 + 2 was. 

Loosely - Well admitedly he's not a Rudolf Nureyev or a John Curry for example and you couldn't pick him out of a crowd but something didn't seem quite right, that's all I'm saying.

Loosely - Well admitedly he's not a Rudolf Nureyev or a John Curry for example and you couldn't pick him out of a crowd but something didn't seem quite right, that's all I'm saying.

Not your type then, no matter we know you prefer rough trade.

• 2 weeks later...

Who heard Hitzlsperger on Talk Sport this morning talking about this weekends so called Rainbow Laces campaign, I can't see there being very much, if any, support for the initiative:

http://www.stonewall.org.uk/media/current_releases/10001.asp

The simple fact of the matter is that the majority of fans simply don't care.

Until the press and the like stop reporting when someone comes out,or the fact that a person is gay the issue will creep up every now and them but reality is,95% of people simply couldn't give a toss,like the same amount if people couldn't give a toss if someone is overweight,under height,of a different colour etc.

Being gay or straight is only the concern of those involved and yes you do hear the odd word like "poof" faggot etc at football but no more than you do in everyday life and 99% time it's not actually related to insinuating someone is gay,it's more just words used to mildly insult someone as in "get up you tart" or "you faggot" when a player dives or goes down easily,the fact is when these words are used they are actually not used to insinuate someone is gay.

Gay campaigners have spent a lifetime telling everyone that they are no different from others of the same gender but still continue with this garbage that actually does put a stigma on it....

Edited by Eastside Urchin

Rainbow laces, whatever next, I wonder what the likes of Norman Hunter, Tommy Smith and Ron Harris think and Billy Bremner must have turned in his grave mustn't he

Karen - Not at all, it was proper football back then wasn't it!

Like everything else Mr Rhodes the world has evolved or do you still believe the correct way to date someone is to go out with your club and bash your intended over the head and drag her back by her hair

Karen - Be honest, didn't you enjoy the beautiful game far more back in the day, ankle deep in mud at the Baseball Ground for example when you could actually make a tackle for the ball and before the prawn sandwich brigade totally ruined it

Back in the days when Rhodesly could climb over the wall and get in without paying.. yeah.. those days

Be honest, didn't you enjoy the beautiful game far more back in the day

Loosely - I'll ask you a similar question and be honest, were you more excited watching Aaron Ramsey net the winner in extra time for Arsenal against Hull in the Cup Final back in May or watching Charlie George lying prostrate on the hallowed old Wembley turf in 1971 after netting the winner against Liverpool.

Loosely - I'll ask you a similar question and be honest, were you more excited watching Aaron Ramsey net the winner in extra time for Arsenal against Hull in the Cup Final back in May or watching Charlie George lying prostrate on the hallowed old Wembley turf in 1971 after netting the winner against Liverpool.

I get excited anytime Arsenal score a goal Rhodesly, it would be extremely hard to try and remember exactly how excited (by what measurement?) I was over 40 years ago compared with last May. Charlie George knew how to celebrate a goal though.

If it's such a problem for you then I don't understand what you see in the beautiful game anymore.

I get excited anytime Arsenal score a goal Rhodesly

Like last night in Dortmund you mean, it was pretty poor wasn't it!