Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So i see its rained a bit then.........

Fuzzy Royal

...and with all this rain I wonder when our next game will be? I don't know the current condition of Farnham or Binfield's pitches but Farnham I would imagine will be off and Binfield must be on doubt. Considering the fact Windsor U18s had a game at Stag Meadow I take it it is likely we will get a game a week Saturday.

But what of the rest of the league, a fair few grounds are located in areas that will suffer from high water tables, being in a basin and, unfortunately, just have poor pitches that are affected more easily. 

So do we think there will be an extension to the league, and who will benefit. Windsor could moan that having played more games due to getting games on they will be at a disadvantage if other teams get longer to play.I remember WEFC winning the league a day after every other team had played, not their fault (I believe VTFC had to fit games in not us) but this needs to be sorted now and not to be seen to give a team advantage come the end of the season.

Just a thought really, but the games are building up and all these players have jobs and can't always afford time or money to play 2 or 3 times a week or more, or twice at the weekend . 

Personally i feel the league is too big at this level, I am sure they could have smaller leagues but that is a different argument and I have read threads dedicated to this, but we are going to get a backlog of games and it happens all the time so shouldn't something be done?

I cant see the season being extended Fuzzy and would agree that leagues are now to big.  Step 4 being 24 clubs is just plain daft and I reckon it will not be long before Step 5 will be 20 clubs and we will see a stronger Step 6.

The issue with extending the leagues are that each league has to apply seperately to the FA but there won't be a general extension as not all parts of the country have the same problem as the South/South West/West Midlands.

The CCL have applied to the FA and I suspect it will be granted but I also suspect it will be for one week only ie the first weekend in May as it has a knock-on effect with promotion/relegation/playoff/cup finals issues. 

The other reason the FA don't like to generally extend past that date across the board is that players contracts expire on the first Saturday in May, therefore if the FA extend carte blanche then clubs who are unaffected by the problems still have to pay their contract players until the 'official' extension is completed.  Whilst that won't effect us [and no doubt many other step 5 clubs] we are talking about Conference downwards as well as far as contracts are concerned and clubs would be in uproar at the extra expense !

I note that the Ryman league have stated that there will be no extension to their season which seems a bit early to say given the weather we've suffered recently and I can't help feeling we still have a touch of 'real' Winter still to come at some stage ie snow & frost which could [if it happens] cause further chaos to the fixtures throughout the leagues.

The CCL have asked member clubs to talk to each other now when games are called off with a view to perhaps rearranging the fixture for a couple of days later and maybe [and these are my views only] they may have to think about switching fixtures to the oppositions' grounds in cases where persistent postponements are occurring but then you have issues of lost revenue, etc, etc, to deal with !

How you deal with it ultimately is beyond me but one thing for certain is that no club in a promoton/relegation situation should be allowed to play fixtures after others in the same positions have already finished theirs as you would then have teams going into games knowing exactly what results they need to achieve !         

Archived