Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

B&B Senior Trophy - Readting Town Vs. Windsor

mal316

So we now know that we will be facing Reading Town in the final of the Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy.

Windsor beat Reading Town in the 1st Round of last seasons competition.

Not sure if the B&B have made a mistake or not but their website is showing the ground for the final as Reading Town.  Personally I think this to be wrong for two reasons:-

1) There are a plenty of other grounds in the B&B area, even at this level, than Reading Town.  No offence to our opponents, but the players deserve a decent ground for a final.

2) how can the final possibly be played at the home ground of one of the finalists?

The final will be played on Tuesday 15th April.

They pick the final venue at the beginning of the season.  Quite often happens.

I agree on the ground though - there are far better ie Adams Park.  The Mad Stad is out as Reading pay the fine every year to not take part

I thought when Reading got the Premier they were given dispensation not to play in it and that kind of stuck. I remember Windsor & Eton being named as hosts for the Cup one year and when we got to the final it was changed. We won 3-2, good old Micky Banton!!!

As you say there are plenty of grounds and I am sure it will be sensible choice for Windsor v Reading, so Newport Pagnell it is then!!!

I thought when Reading got the Premier they were given dispensation not to play in it and that kind of stuck. I remember Windsor & Eton being named as hosts for the Cup one year and when we got to the final it was changed. We won 3-2, good old Micky Banton!!!

As you say there are plenty of grounds and I am sure it will be sensible choice for Windsor v Reading, so Newport Pagnell it is then!!!

Reading haven't played in it since the turn of the millenium I think

Archived