Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Essex Cup Final

Interesting Northfleet Killers....as our attendance for the past two homegames has been higher than yours! Your really bugging me why don't you fu*k off back south of the ditch where scum like you belong. If you think you you could be a 'killer'..I invite you to try it.

time and place 'canveyboy'!! funny how you wasn't in gravesend town center the evening of the 26th!!!

what have you had a sudden influx of russian sailors get lost and float to your stinking island thats the explaination for the 'surge' in attendances!!! don't make me larf 4 of our last 5 attendances have been 1000+!! ha ha ha canvey boy starting to throw some toys!!

Do not expect the Daggers to send anything like a first choice team - or any supporters as the following has been posted on the Daggers site by Garry Hill and will be in the programme notes for tomorrow's game:<p>"I can guarantee supporters that we will not be putting our strongest team out on Monday in the Essex Senior Cup Final as we've got a very important league game the following night. It's a shame really because we are the holders of the Cup but I still feel as a club we should meet the requirements of the Essex FA and play the game unlike other teams who have chosen not to over the past year. Every club has to make decisions and I've decided we will play the game and put a team out. We did ask the County to put the game back 48 hours in order to use any players who hadn't played a full ninety minutes at Hereford but they turned our request down. The Essex Senior Cup is a prestigious competition but we must be able to play our strongest possible squad against Hereford to try and achieve our ambition of a place in the Football League."<p>

It is a shame that they would not move the final, it might have been Conference v Rymans champions, which would have pulled in a few thousand, whereas this is going to the Daggers youth team -v- Canvey Reserves in front of about 200.

How typical. Foul mouthed abuse emanating from from the mud flats. Canveyboy casts a slur on the great majority of decent folk associated with Canvey Island FC. Caveman responses from the Fleet, whilst predictable, equally cast a slur on the decent Fleet supporters. As a neutral I feel that both CIFC and G&NFC are both worthy of the Ryman Championship, neither need this kind of garbage.<p>Best wishes to whoever comes out on top.<p>Up THe Borough!!!!!!

Hello Town Crier - Your best wishes and comments have been noted but please take the time to look through the message threads on this Forum and you will notice that GNFC posters are frequent and are often out of taste. Then kindly also look at the Message board of GNFC and count the number of times and that of any abusive messages from CIFC supporters!

Hi Vic<p>Thanks for your reply. Surely that you would agree the use of the "F" word is both provocative and inexcuseable on the net. Also my criticism was not aimed at either club, only those who cannot possibly be regarded as real supporters.<p>Once again good luck and best wishes to the real fans and officials of both clubs.

Well i hope you canvey supporters over the water realize that us real supporters dont feel that way at all, 'northfleet killer' is just one of those people that thinks becuase gnfc are doing quite well he can come and watch, he is probably one of the moaners at the ground as well, you can tell they not real supporters because real supporters realize what a great season gnfc are really having!

Most Fleet fans are decent people, who , whilst naturally wanting their own team to win the league, totally accept that Canvey are a good team as well and that it is a shame both teams, who have totally outplayed most of their opponents cannot be promoted.<p>Unfortunately, those who dont feel this way seem to enjoy "getting stuck into" Canvey and poking fun at them one way or another. <p>To a certain degree, tongue in cheek jibes at the opposition are a laugh - it is when people carry these too far, and wont let go of them, that the postings become tiresome.<p>I have already posted, both on this board, and our own, that the constant reference to "Pikeys" got beyond a joke, and the same is true of the regular references to Jeff Kings weight & size.<p>Whilst rivalry should exist, it shouldnt mean "slagging off " the opposition.<p>Since our Webmaster declared our board to be a "Cavey Free Zone", it seems that such attacks on Canvey have reduced significantly and the board has become a better place as a result, with posters generally concentrating on our own team.<p>I suspect that face to face, idiots such as Northfleet Killers" and "Nutters from Northfleet (or whatever they called themselves) wouldnt have anywhere near as much front. And if they did, and revealed themselves in their true colours, Gravesend & Northfleet FC would no doubt have little hesitation in banning them from the ground. ( as I'm equally sure Canvey FC would, in the event that they attracted similar idiots)<p>I dont want to get into silly arguments about attendances, as you can always make statistics fit your own needs. And attendances dont count anyway, its what goes on on the field that really matters - And may the best team win out in the end in that respect.<p>If you beat us to the Title, you will have deserved it.<p>All the same, I hope it will be a case of saying to you " Good luck in your attempts to win the Ryman again next season".

The Essex FA really need a shake up.<p>They apparently insist on the prestigious Essex cup final must be this coming Monday,even though

both the two top sides in Essex(non League) have more important issues to follow.<p>Dagenham have a league game at Hereford on Tuesday with a Football league place to chase.

We have a few injuries at the moment with a Conference place to chase.

Last years Cup final was played pre season and anyone who was there will say that was a great curtain

raiser for the start of the season.<p>Just think mid august hold the final at Park Lane this time our new stand full. A good 3000-4000 crowd<p>COME ON ESSEX FA let common sense prevail.

It's funny how some people lose their voices as soon as a sensible arguement comes through, Just goes to shoe their poor understanding of the beautiful game!

Quite right. I mean, just look at the ground. I bet you anything you like that when the Conference grading team look at it, they will fail it and it won't get Conference grading.<p>Trouble is, the club is not prepared to spend any money on the ground or facilities. To my reckoning, they've spent nothing on the terracing, fencing, turnstiles, floodlights or changing rooms in past three years.<p>And worst of all, the club has no ambition. I bet Jeff King has never even thought about a new stadium on the island, somewhere near Waterside Farm or Northwick. He is so short-sighted.<p>And my last point, has anyone got Dr Zbungle's email address. I need to contact him urgently.