Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Frimley Green Today

Fuzzy Royal

I wasn't quite sure what to expect today, a hangover from winning the cup, no Lazza, no sheehan, no kirby and no George, but i was pleasantly surprised.

A very strong performance all round, Kane took his opportunity and showed an excellent all round performance capped by a very well taken goal. For the first time in a long time we dominated in the league and looked like a title contender, just too late for this season.

A few youngsters on display, an excellent example of pace, passing and movement. My only complaint was the officials, I am genuinely shocked how poor these officials seem to be week in week out. There are too many examples to call out, but how many times do you give a player a good talking to before you book him, about 10 to 15 it seems. Its just frustrating as our pace and passing was pulling FGFC apart every time and as soon as they realised they could push, pull, kick and get away with it and if that fails just fall over embarrassingly and get a free kick, they did, with very little recourse. The red card came close to the end of teh game after the ref had absolutely no choice having booked the player for somewhere in the region of 20 persistent fouls and then again for being just too obvious for the tenth or eleventh time. Sadly we have had, and will have again worse referees.

But the players put in a great performance, showing we do have some depth in the squad for the future, even if they do wear very garish boots.

So with our first silverware banked, a good win today and chance for a top 6 finish, we can call this a successful season. Maybe not the league title we hoped for, but surely a solid base for next season and encouragement that we are good enough to challenge and maybe with a little strengthening we can all believe. 

Oh, and cracking race night again, nice to see a few of the players there and Mick as well, and Ben fresh from a hat-trick performance. In my opinion we have players who are able to play at a  higher level and that shows what a fantastic job Mick is doing there and how dedicated the players are to the club. i hope we hold onto as many as possible for next year, but any that leave for a higher level (like Ben) deserve the success they can make for themselves

I thought Miles Norman, Jagdeep Makh and Aaron Minhas were excellent. That's not exactly a heavyweight midfield but they seemed to have an appreciation of space and their inter passing was a joy to behold at times.

Look up, see space, pass, move into that space and likely as not you'll get it back if they're on the same wavelength.

If only we could rely on Norman's fitness.

After a couple of months of poor stuff the last week has been great.

Oh and special mention for Owen Richardson - on the bench all season, he's come in at a position not his normal one and done extremely well. Really pleased for him.

Archived