Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What the hell is this player up to

I agree with Ramo. No matter the ability of the player you don't want your fans on your back. This can only lead to the player being unhappy and not feeling welcome at the club.

Having watched non league for 15 years now,I've seen this happen at numerous amounts of clubs. In this case it seems like Stefans own fans are now getting on his back. I believe this is not what the club would want or the kid himself.

Feeling welcome at a club can do a lot for someone's confidence . From what I've seen over the years of watching non league a confident player will express himself 10 times more than a unconfident player. In Stefans case if he expresses himself....it's game over for the opponents

So get behind him

Do not see why we are the ones getting an earful from who i presume are mates of the player in question. personally would like to hear stef himself on this case and an apology is needed. No matter what league he is in he is still getting paid to play football.

The point at issue here is not whether Mr Payne is or is not a talented player, he undoubtedly is; not where HX would be in the league with out his goals, undoubtedly nowhere near the playoffs; whether abuse is acceptable, it most certainly is not in any circumstance or whether those that pay to watch HX are all 'experts' at football,watching football is supposed to be a leisure pastime after all. It relates to one of behaviour. The behaviour of the fan in question should also be challenged if their identity is discovered. However, as previous posts have alluded to, Mr Payne is a semi-professional and that carries an expectation as to what is acceptable when representing AFCHX. Excellent ability on the pitch and a fine goal scoring record are not a substitute for bad judgement or behaviour. Pre-meditated tweets like these are not consistent when representing the club in your professional capacity. Comment has been made that he is doing his job and that this should not bring abuse, agree totally but it is how one reacts to this that determines whether or not a player has acted with professionalism and if a consequence of their actions brings the club a press it neither wants nor deserves, particularly given the recent issues at AFCHX.

Sounds like a lot of hot air to me.

I am not interested in what the players get up to or say off the pitch. If they do not perform on the pitch it's down to our Jimmy Mac to sought out.

Come on you Urchins!!!

The Song Remains The Same

Edited by Lord Upminster

A wonderful mixture of opinons, from the Stefan fan club, from the pragmatists, the realists and even those that live in some utopian nirvana-esque world !

What was said to Stefan on Saturday was wrong - it was unnecessary and uncalled for.  There's no justification for verbally abusing one of your own (or even anyone else for that matter).  As has been said many times, Stefan has been a huge asset this season and we wouldn't be where we are without his performances.  He's owed an apology.

On the flip side, Stefan's response on Saturday was also unnecessary.  Given the way the game went he's no doubt similarly frustrated and angry but he should be bigger than that. 

The tweet yesterday morning however was totally unacceptable.  Given the issues in the summer re match fixing etc this will have hit a raw nerve with many an AFCH fan.  It was crass and downright stupid.  We know it was obviously meant tongue in cheek but this just gives more ammunition to those who love to find a reason to beat up AFC Hornchurch.

We need to move on and ensure we win Saturday.

Edited by andydick

LISTEN YOU HELMETS FIRST THINGS FIRST IF IT WASNT FOR STEFANS GOALS YOU WOULD BE MID TABLE AT BEST NONE OF YOU HAVE PROBABLY PLAYED FOOTBALL OR BEEN ABLE TO PLAY FOOTBALL SO KEEP YOUR SILLY OPINIONS TO YOURSELF! NO FAN SHOULD BE ABUSING PLAYERS FROM THE SIDE SO WHAT YOU PAY TO WATCH HIM PLAY THATS YOUR DECISION IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT HE HAS TO TWEET UNFOLLOW HIM IF YOU DONT LIKE HIM AS A PLAYER KEEP THE £8 TICKET MONEY AND GO BUY YOUR MRS A KEBAB! 

This post is actually comical....are you on a wind up mate?

Stef is a quality player there is no doubt about it...and whatever abuse was given to him was out of order but so was his tweets do you not agree? Does he deserve another chance...? OF COURSE! quality players are hard to come by - will he be here next season? absolutely not. This was a shop window for him and at the end of the season I' sure he will be off to a conf side again which I'm sure we all agree is his standard. Without him midtable? he aint a one man team fella. If thats the case the same could be said for Hayles (player of the season) and styles (100% EVERY GAME)....basically I'm trying to say its a team game.

You are also saying the standard of playing dictates how well you know the game? do me a favour...Roy Keane and John Barnes played at the highest level and they know [****!!****] all!! I'd have a guess that I've played at as high standard as yourself and seen as many games as you have too.....its all opinions mate

You mention the 8 pound...its not all about the money...a lot of people put there hard work and time in to this club both volunteering and supporting and to see things like this hurts as it seems that OUR club gets [****!!****]ed by people every season....and things like this will do wonders for our gates dropping too which is *nice* for the outsider...

I think the incident Saturday and the tweet after it should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I am not saying forget about it,both parties in my eyes are wrong,the player should not have been abused and at the same time,the player should not of reacted,albeit on twitter,but without the original abuse the latter doesn't happen,for this I think that particular issue should be swept under the carpet.

The issue with the tweet yesterday is more serious though,I have no idea whether that particular tweet had anything to do with Saturdays events and the player being angry,therefore getting himself sent off,but it certainly doesn't look good,once he got sent off in such circumstances yesterday but it's obviously upto the player and club to work out what exactly was about that tweet and whether it is as many are seeing it.

Things obviously don't always look as they seem but I can't get my head around it ,it just seems all too strange for me.

This post is actually comical....are you on a wind up mate?

Stef is a quality player there is no doubt about it...and whatever abuse was given to him was out of order but so was his tweets do you not agree? Does he deserve another chance...? OF COURSE! quality players are hard to come by - will he be here next season? absolutely not. This was a shop window for him and at the end of the season I' sure he will be off to a conf side again which I'm sure we all agree is his standard. Without him midtable? he aint a one man team fella. If thats the case the same could be said for Hayles (player of the season) and styles (100% EVERY GAME)....basically I'm trying to say its a team game.

You are also saying the standard of playing dictates how well you know the game? do me a favour...Roy Keane and John Barnes played at the highest level and they know [****!!****] all!! I'd have a guess that I've played at as high standard as yourself and seen as many games as you have too.....its all opinions mate

You mention the 8 pound...its not all about the money...a lot of people put there hard work and time in to this club both volunteering and supporting and to see things like this hurts as it seems that OUR club gets [****!!****]ed by people every season....and things like this will do wonders for our gates dropping too which is *nice* for the outsider...

Great post mate!