Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bush Visit

What I am about to say has no bearing on whether I was pro or anti the war in Iraq oy my personnal opinion about George Bush.

George Bush is the democratically elected (I think? although the ref did call for video evidance)leader of the USA. So like any other statesmen, he is in order to pay a diplomatic visit to another country.

At the same time people who hate his guts have a right to peacefully demonstrate in a law abiding fashion. Ken Livingstone is also a democratcally elected leader and what ever his personnal thoughts are on the aforemetioned subjects, has a duty in his position to act appropriatley when the leader of another country comes to Town.

I undertstand certain Unions are organising denmo's next week. If I was a member of such a union I would not be very happy. The purpose of a Union is to look after the employment intrests of it's members, and the funds going in from it's members should be spent on that. What the hell has George Bush's visit got to do with this. Have the membership voted for their money to be spent in such away.

I don't suppose any Union's or Ken for that matter would have endorsed an anti Martin McGuinness or Gerry Adams march when they visited now would they?

Quote:
matrix said:
Due to that woman climbing the gates at Buckingham Palace last night, the cost has apparently risen to 5.5 million. On this basis, if cancelled the Urchinetts could possibly have an additional week in Majorca!!!

[color:"blue"] Just pay the 5.5 million and let 'em have a wet weekend in Bognor Regis !

Joking apart, I agree with most that has been written above.
Putting politics to one side, remember that we did support the U.S.A. in the removal of a tyrant. It's just sad that more members of the armed forces have died AFTER the so-called ceasefire, but I'm afraid this is what happens when you wage war against 'unseen' terrorists !

• 3 weeks later...