Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-December 17 )

• Photo
    dave c

• Photo
    LeagueSecretary

• Photo
    Teflon

• Photo
    Katrina1979

• Photo
    Max

• Photo
    BlueAndWhiteArmy

Photo

Bush Visit

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline BOROMAN

BOROMAN
  • First XI - Permanent
What I am about to say has no bearing on whether I was pro or anti the war in Iraq oy my personnal opinion about George Bush.

George Bush is the democratically elected (I think? although the ref did call for video evidance)leader of the USA. So like any other statesmen, he is in order to pay a diplomatic visit to another country.

At the same time people who hate his guts have a right to peacefully demonstrate in a law abiding fashion. Ken Livingstone is also a democratcally elected leader and what ever his personnal thoughts are on the aforemetioned subjects, has a duty in his position to act appropriatley when the leader of another country comes to Town.

I undertstand certain Unions are organising denmo's next week. If I was a member of such a union I would not be very happy. The purpose of a Union is to look after the employment intrests of it's members, and the funds going in from it's members should be spent on that. What the hell has George Bush's visit got to do with this. Have the membership voted for their money to be spent in such away.

I don't suppose any Union's or Ken for that matter would have endorsed an anti Martin McGuinness or Gerry Adams march when they visited now would they?

offline matrix

matrix
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Don't forget that the policing of this event is costing the tax payer in excess of four million pounds! Money well spent or not!!!!

offline Colin, Germany

Colin, Germany
It is important to let everyone voice their opinions. It is also important for the leader of the USA to visit the UK. I agree that the unions should not be organising demonstrations. This is a matter for political organisations. The four million pounds are probably on the whole well spent.

offline EMH O30crew

EMH O30crew
  • First XI - Permanent
I could think of better ways of spending 4 mil!!!..like takin the Urchinetts to the Bahamas for 10 years!!!!

offline matrix

matrix
Due to that woman climbing the gates at Buckingham Palace last night, the cost has apparently risen to 5.5 million. On this basis, if cancelled the Urchinetts could possibly have an additional week in Majorca!!!

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
  • Supports: Chelsea !!
  • Foes: NO-ONE !
  • Fav. Player(s): Any that don't dive and whinge !!
  • Fav. Sport(s): Naked Tiddly-Winks for over 70's.
Quote:
matrix said:
Due to that woman climbing the gates at Buckingham Palace last night, the cost has apparently risen to 5.5 million. On this basis, if cancelled the Urchinetts could possibly have an additional week in Majorca!!!

[color:"blue"] Just pay the 5.5 million and let 'em have a wet weekend in Bognor Regis !

Joking apart, I agree with most that has been written above.
Putting politics to one side, remember that we did support the U.S.A. in the removal of a tyrant. It's just sad that more members of the armed forces have died AFTER the so-called ceasefire, but I'm afraid this is what happens when you wage war against 'unseen' terrorists !

offline Barry Scott

Barry Scott
  • First XI Coach
did george bush visit? i figured thats why Slough's game was delayed on the evening that Mr Bush was to arrive, due to the high number of infidels who would have used rocket launchers at Stag Meadow that evening

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus