Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup Final Tickets For Real Fans

Only 50,000 tickets for this year's FA Cup finals will go to the competing clubs, Wembley hosts a number of undersubscribed football events but chooses to withhold tickets that could go to real fans of competing clubs. If you think this is wrong, visit the facebook page and let's show that every level of football thinks this is wrong. We may never see our team in an FA Cup Final, but if we are passionate about our club and our football, we would easily understand how frustrating it would be for our team to play in its biggest fixture and loyal fans not get a ticket to see it.

My team will never play in an FA Cup Final, so no self interest here. If you agree that all tickets should go to real fans of competing clubs, visit the page...if you don't, then freeload away.

And deprive the hard working and genuine County FA members who care ever so deeply about the game? 

Nicely put, LS !!

:ph34r:

Deprive them of something they have no entitlement to....unlike fans who follow their team week in week out and don't expect to walk around with a halo for doing so. If these "hard working administrators" had any moral compass, they realise that they are deeply unpopular with many fans for "exercising their right" and they'd quietly decline. I don't expect much nodding in acknowledgement from a level of football that will, no doubt have a few culprits in its ranks, but it's just plain wrong in my book and is no better than a back-hander or bribe.

It was ever thus. Perhaps if they had built the place for a bigger capacity say 120,000 it would have helped a bit. Unless you have a season ticket it is virtually impossible to go to finals. Clubs who get tickets could arrange to hand them over to the official supporters clubs of the finalists to raffle off amongst their ordinary fans

Affiliated clubs have been offered tickets by the Surrey County FA for purchase. We bought one for an active volunteer at the club who is also an Arsenal supporter but who cannot afford Arsenal ticket prices and helps out at Whyteleafe for approximately 90% of our home matches (he misses the others due to work commitments). I don't know what proportion of the tickets allocated to county FAs are used by faceless suits but it may well not be that many. A proportion, one hopes, does in fact go to hard working volunteers who end up paying face price anyway. But let's not let the facts get in the way of this annual rant about FA Cup ticket allocations.

Indeed a lovely gesture by Whyteleafe.

A lot of these so called "Genuine fans that go to all the league games" don't go to all the league games.

I think for the majority of all the FA cup finals in the last 25 years I know someone who went, as a supporter of one of the teams) who rarely or never went to the league games.

I didn't make it clear: the Club just ordered it for Stuart. His father in law (who's the club's president) paid for it. So, not quite such a lovely gesture!  My stamp went on the envelope though. 

If it's acts of genuine generosity you're looking for the Chairman is often giving worthy people Crystal Palace tickets :unsure: .

Me and Mephs got 2 tickets each- hate both teams but great day on the piss and i get to sing my favourite hym ever at the top of my voice !

I have no problem with the fact we are stopping a couple of armchair Gooners going to the match !

Hull City didnt even get an attendance over 25,000 at all this season.  And that includes away fans.

Why the hell should they get 25,000 tickets for the final ?

:D 

Hull City didnt even get an attendance over 25,000 at all this season.  And that includes away fans.

Why the hell should they get 25,000 tickets for the final ?

Could be due to the fact,that their Ground Capacity is guess what? 25.000.

Working on your logic,if Camberley ever made it to the Cup Final,you would be happy with 200 Tickets ;)

Can understand why NLN would want 2 seats for himself :D ,but Meps is a lean mean scoring machine.

Chris did you send it 2nd Class?

Even if someone IS an occasional fan, they would still get my vote over someone with NO connection with either competing clubs. Showing the names of clubs who declined their "allocation" and sent them back to the FA to be distributed to the competing clubs would let people know which clubs had the decency to do so and which put self interest first....they'd certainly get my respect. The FA have other games they could offer tickets for and they could see these games played in front of far better crowds if they let clubs have tickets for these, Not that this would please those who seem to think clubs should have a "right" to a ticket, but lack the responsibility to say no...Children of the time, I guess.

The last final i went to was chelsea v villa and we got our tickets from the army FA,a guy i was working with at the time had a relative who worked for the army FA and gave us 6 tickets at face value,they had loads of spare tickets because it was not man utd or liverpool or another northern team playing in the final.

Could be due to the fact,that their Ground Capacity is guess what? 25.000.

Working on your logic,if Camberley ever made it to the Cup Final,you would be happy with 200 Tickets ;)

Can understand why NLN would want 2 seats for himself :D ,but Meps is a lean mean scoring machine.

Chris did you send it 2nd Class?

And never filled it Smudge.  didn't answer my question though.

And if Camberley got to the FA Cup Final mate I would have probably dies of alcohol poisoning by the 3rd round :)

Archived