Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

News from Dorking FC and Meadowbank!

For those of you who are interested, The Mole Valley District Council Scutiny Committe sits tonight, (Tuesday 6th.)

Meadowbank Football ground is Item 7 on the Agenda.  The wording of the discussion can be found here:-

http://www.molevalley.gov.uk/media/pdf/s/h/Item_7_-_The_Future_of_Dorking_Football_Ground__Meadowbank.pdf

So, the minutes are out from the council meeting, see here: http://www.molevalley.gov.uk/media/pdf/s/h/Item_7_-_The_Future_of_Dorking_Football_Ground__Meadowbank.pdf

Page 134 confirms that DWFC will be sharing at Meadowbank.

Let the arguing commence!

Well they certainly can't progress at Westhumble after what I saw tonight.

Did not have a clubhouse last time I went,so no beer/bulmers tonight I presume.Well done by the way.

No bar tis true, but the car park was a swamp. Rather dangerous. Rest of ground quaint but ground grading in Sussex  is more lax than Surrey IMHO.

So, the minutes are out from the council meeting, see here: http://www.molevalley.gov.uk/media/pdf/s/h/Item_7_-_The_Future_of_Dorking_Football_Ground__Meadowbank.pdf

Page 134 confirms that DWFC will be sharing at Meadowbank.

Let the arguing commence!

No argument from me Nosher.

I watched all of the Scrutiny Committee meeting live as it happened.  A very constructive meeting.

No other club apart from DFC was mentioned by name but I'm sure everyone with an ounce of intelligence would realise that  DWFC are in with a shout for sharing.

As I said in a previous post, and this was made obvious from the meeting, although no actual plans for the running of the ground have been formulated yet it's plain that MVDC will be in charge.

In essence this means that ALL clubs using the ground will have to have the League match secs, Cup secs, F/A secs dealing direct with MVDC OR a private contractor employed to run the ground.

As this stands at the moment, you'd have DFC with their three teams and DWFC with their teams, both the Combined Counties League and the Sussex League fighting for Saturday/Sunday fixtures.  Then there will be the many oyher youth teams wishing to access the facility

I'm certainly not pouring cold-water on the prospect, just pointing out that I can see problems.  Of course, if DWFC were to come over to the CCL, that would make things just a little easier.

I'm just waiting for responses to the meeting from the DFC management and from the DWFC management.

Interesting times MVDC would not run it they would get a compnay to run it for them. With the Sussex County league changing names it could be the other way round with Dorking going into what is now the Sussex County league!!!!

The operation of the facilty will be decided much further down the line, but as Carthorse says MVDC wont be running it themselves.

I think you're seeing problems that dont exist BJR.

Cant see why fixture secretaries etc would need to liaise with whoever is looking after the facility, and whilst groundshares in different leagues give our hardworking administrators an added headache, they get it sorted.

Just need our councillors to sign it off next week and we can really celebrate!

Would be a gold mine for MVDC once the 3g was put in,as it does not restrict how many teams can play on it.

Would there be a bar though,who would run it? Councils are not known for cheapness when hiring out their facilities,and if they get a company to run it,as is most likely,it of course would be dearer still.Good Luck with it though,it will become a great COMMUNITY facility.

Edited by Smudge

No argument from me Nosher.

I watched all of the Scrutiny Committee meeting live as it happened.  A very constructive meeting.

No other club apart from DFC was mentioned by name but I'm sure everyone with an ounce of intelligence would realise that  DWFC are in with a shout for sharing.

As I said in a previous post, and this was made obvious from the meeting, although no actual plans for the running of the ground have been formulated yet it's plain that MVDC will be in charge.

In essence this means that ALL clubs using the ground will have to have the League match secs, Cup secs, F/A secs dealing direct with MVDC OR a private contractor employed to run the ground.

As this stands at the moment, you'd have DFC with their three teams and DWFC with their teams, both the Combined Counties League and the Sussex League fighting for Saturday/Sunday fixtures.  Then there will be the many oyher youth teams wishing to access the facility

I'm certainly not pouring cold-water on the prospect, just pointing out that I can see problems.  Of course, if DWFC were to come over to the CCL, that would make things just a little easier.

I'm just waiting for responses to the meeting from the DFC management and from the DWFC management.

Exactly. I know this will upset Richard and TSF but I was right all along.

DFC will live in hock to DWFC. 30 games v 42 games; "sorry lads, can't train this week as the sharers have a game on Tuesday night and their training night is Thursday". Good luck with that.

This is obviously great for the community but Dorking FC have somehow managed to piss their home ground away (accepting most of the blame for that lay with the previous owners) to become just one of many tenants.

I'd have taken the cheap option myself and at least remained master of my own destiny. But then I am a selfish and opinionated bugger anyway.

Nosher,ask Whyteleafe what they think of a 3g surface,almost played on everyday,extra revenue over the bar,so cannot see a problem regards DWFC,alas it will not be your/their ground anymore.As for the extra use by DWFC,this is something that does not come,as your hiring it from the Council,who will open it and close it,which costs money.

Nosher,ask Whyteleafe what they think of a 3g surface,almost played on everyday,extra revenue over the bar,so cannot see a problem regards DWFC,alas it will not be your/their ground anymore.As for the extra use by DWFC,this is something that does not come,as your hiring it from the Council,who will open it and close it,which costs money.

... which will go straight to the appointed operators of the ground, NOT to any specific club.

I think we should all think back a little while.

MVDC tried to evict DFC Ltd.

Back then the council said, the ground would still be used for football, if it got the lease back.

MVDC lost the court case, but stringent terms were put in place about the upkeep of the ground.

The ground wasn't maintained to any acceptable standard by DFC Ltd, to the extent it was shut down twice.

The second time, no effort was made by DFC Ltd to re-open. Those of us who were there know just how bad things were.

DFC LTD surrender the lease.

A new community interest company is formed to run Dorking FC with a long term plan.

Although groundsharing at Horley FC Dorking FC is becoming a proper club again, and there is a feel good factor at last.

In the next few days MVDC look like deciding to provide a state of the art 4 million pound community facility with a 3g Football pitch at its heart.

There will have to be some commercial decisions made, by all parties.

Clearly operation of the clubhouse will be an emotive issue, as well as financially important.

There is a lot to be decided, and a long way to go.

What I see as important is that this will be a huge community asset, a home for Dorking Football Club, and Dorking football in general.

It will also be a vibrant community sports and leisure facility.

Come on guys, this is  a million miles away from DFC playing anywhere we could with ten guys and no kit losing 12 zip, whilst the ground rotted.

Edited by thespursfan