Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hi all!

pompeystato

Hi all

My name is Barry.

As my username suggests, I live in South-East Hampshire, just down the road a bit from Havant & W'ville's ground, and I'm a very keen compiler of football statistics.

The Football League is well covered for statistics by the publishing of the Rothmans Football Yearbooks (now sponsored by SkySports) and the News of the World Football Annuals (now sponsored by Nationwide), but these annuals pay scant attention to non-league football.

So I make up my own using spreadsheets such as Windows Excel, OpenOffice and Google docs. Making up football stats has been one of my hobbies all my life.

Non-league football is becoming more and more popular as the top clubs get obscenely obsessed with wealth.   

Hi Ian

That's very interesting information and I'll start working towards that as my goal.

I can give no guarantees that I will succeed but I will have a good try to accomplish it.

For this season I'm putting all my efforts into the three Conference Leagues, compiling line-ups for league matches on a match-by-match basis, hopefully completed at the end of the season.

In the past I've had a half-hearted go at this, as a hobby and a pastime, without quite completing the project, but with an incentive of that new carrot I'm more than hopeful that I can succeed.

All the league game line-up details and a separate list of Player Appearances for each of the 70 clubs should be the result by next summer ready to publish.

Barry

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to know if anyone else does the same as me by collecting a record of their favourite teams' results, either on paper or electronically? I can't be the only one, surely!

I've been working on the stats of the three Conference leagues and also the Football League's League 2 since the season started - 91 clubs - and the matches have been coming thick and fast and I've managed to keep up to date with them all, so far.

Barry  

I am in a position where I can make a donation and become a gold member but I am restricted to using only PayPal as my method of payment by my wife, who is very fussy on internet security.

I've searched the site for ways to pay but can't find any reference to payment method at all.

Is PayPal available, if not is there a likelihood it will be in the future?

Barry

Archived