Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-October 17 )

• Photo
    Springer

• Photo
    DAMO

Photo

Collymore

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
9 replies to this topic

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Strong rumours of Collymore going to Southend as player manager, if he does before wednesday can you imagine all the extra press who will be at Park Lane!

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
According to today's Daily Mail, an announcement will be made on Wednesday so it looks like Dave Webb will probably be in charge on Wednesday night for the last time.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
they could shoehorn him in, get the press p.r. let webb run the show and if they win its a glorious collymore return!! and if they lose then it was expected as his first game in charge, bit of a no lose situation .. not sure collymore is the man to get them out of the drop zone though, if he can still play a bit then he may help but not in a player manager role, well not yet anyway.. southend need a manager like brown at aldershot

offline Exile

Exile
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Is it me or does this sound like a club hoping for a double seven with its last desperate throw of the dice ? It could of course work out, but somehow I'm not sure a club on the brink of going out of the league needs a completely untried manager who has been out of the game for two years. But I guess they have tried every other option (short of getting a child or monkey to be manager) so I suppose it might work. But somehow I doubt it.

offline itsgottobethisyear

itsgottobethisyear
  • Reserves
Makes you appreciate what a well run club Canvey is. Ten years ago Southend were in the 1st Division and were not far off the Premier League and Canvey were in the Essex Senior League but now we may well be playing in the same league as Southend next year.
I have heard Collymore has insisted on doing a reality TV show of his return to Football so in the summer when they show it we can all have a good laugh at watching Southend go out of the League.
Roll on Wednesday then its the real test against Hornchurch.

offline Shrimper2003

Shrimper2003
  • Reserves
Quote:
Exile said:
Is it me or does this sound like a club hoping for a double seven with its last desperate throw of the dice ? It could of course work out, but somehow I'm not sure a club on the brink of going out of the league needs a completely untried manager who has been out of the game for two years. But I guess they have tried every other option (short of getting a child or monkey to be manager) so I suppose it might work. But somehow I doubt it.

My thoughts exactly.

Yet I'm being chastised for even mentioning anything bad about Collymore at the moment.

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
Barry Fry was the only manager that could handle Collymore but you would have to say he was (was) an awesome talent
Manager? no he must serve an apprenticeship first, say non-league so if Southend could hang on another season he could be worth a try as player-manager conference

offline Southender45

Southender45
  • Trainee
Quote:
Exile said:
somehow I'm not sure a club on the brink of going out of the league needs a completely untried manager who has been out of the game for two years.

[color:"red"]Give me a break! We have not even got to Christmas yet so how can we be on the brink of going out of the league? Get Real!

Just because you lot are six points ahead and a game in hand you think you have the league title sewn up. Watch out as over confidence can and probably will bite!

We go into Wednesday's replay as underdogs! Good place to be! [/color]

offline Exile

Exile
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I agree there is a long way to go, I was merely expressing how things look at the moment, as it seems (to an outsider) the club is in disarray and has no idea how to get out of its present predicament. Of course things could turn around, there are still plenty of games left, but confidence seems to be at a low ebb. As for Canvey, we certainly do NOT have the league title "sewn up" - again there is a long way to go and things could change. But - at the moment - things are going well. As far as Wednesday is concerned, I think Southend will win - they are not the underdogs in my view - but I am more concerned about winning a tough game on Sat (as I suspect you might be).

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
with 3 runners up awards on the spin i think its pretty safe to assume no one at the club will be getting remotely confident..
i'd still be nervous if we were 20 points clear with 7 to play.. and i'd be checking the goal diff as well!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus