Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Maidstone United

littlehampton

It's Non-League Day tomorrow, and with the pro-clubs taking a break this weekend it's a great opportunity for Spurs and Arsenal fans to visit the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, Donkey Lane, Enfield, to lend their north London support to Enfield Town against high-flying table toppers Maidstone United.

This is one of the most attractive and eagerly awaited Ryman Premier League clashes of the day. The Stones climbed to the top of the table on Tuesday night after they defeated AFC Hornchurch and Margate were beaten by a last minute winner at Dulwich Hamlet.

Maidstone are a very well supported club. They will bring a decent size following, so a big crowd is expected and a great atmosphere guaranteed. Both teams have won their last two matches, so there will not be a lot in it and, like Tuesday, it could go all the way to the wire.

Very best of luck to Brad and the boys. Let's make home advantage tell and put in another performance like we did against Hendon and Tonbridge.

No doubt the Enfield Ultras, and other Town fans, will be in good voice and making themselves heard. Good luck guys!

' COME ON THE TOWN '

Todays team

1 Nathan McDonald

2 Jordan Lockie

3 Phil Kane

4 Ryan Doyle

5 Mark Kirby

6 Stanley Mugou

7 Tyler Campbell

8 Nathan Livings

9 Liam Hope

10 Corey Whitely

11 Michael Kalu

12 Jamie Richards

14 Jamie Smyth

15 Mitch Hahn

16 Theo Jones

17 Bradley Quinton

Definitely not what the Doctor ordered. This was a bit of a reality check today and it turned out a bad day at the office for Town. Congratulations to Maidstone on their emphatic victory, their eighth win in nine matches. They showed their pedigree today and deservedly top the RPL table.

Town will be very disappointed to lose and concede four goals at home, but they will recover, albeit somewhat relieved they don't have to face teams of Maidstone's quality every week.

Next Saturday we entertain Felixstowe & Walton in the FA Cup. I am sure we will be looking to put things right and get back to winning ways in that match. Just noticed a bit earlier that my local team, Littlehampton, down here on the south coast, play Maidstone away on the same day. I shudder to think what the score might be!!

The result was disappointing, but we certainly got the rough end of some decisions from the referee. I wasn't impressed with Maidstone - Kingstonian looked a far better footballing team - but you can see why Maidstone are doing well in the league. They are a big, physical team and played to their strengths.

Their no. 7 looked a quality player but blotted his copy book in the second half and I thought was lucky to stay on the pitch. Same for their number 4. Won everything in the air but unnecessary playacting took away from what would have been a commanding performance. As with most of our games this season, we played some decent football when we kept the ball on the deck - but we didn't make enough clear cut chances today.

For me, we look short of height in attack. In fact, we look a "short" team all round. MacDonald in goal is agile but isn't tall, which leaves him vulnerable under the high ball. Only Kirby, Hastings and Magou give us some height. The wingers are pacy and doing well but we need some height and strength up front. Jamie Richards didn't look match fit when he came on for Liam but that is to be expected.

My last home game until end November unfortunately - best of luck to the team until then.