Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Braintree Game

Well all we can do is try to win and see what happens. Going to be a lot of nerves all round at both games. Even if we draw it might still be good enough, although G&N seem to get the right results away from home. Concentrating on our game, we beat Braintree 3-2 at home and was glad to hear the final whistle. Braintree had a lot of men back and they tried to soak up pressure early on but we created some good goals. We got punished however in the later stages where Braintree hit us on the counter, (although Dicksy’s legs were giving out by then gord bless ‘im!). <p>Although we have to concentrate on our game, I am trying to think of the scenario with G&N. Even if they score, they will be so nervous and tentative that one slip and Bedford are in. They will be concentrating just as much on our game. Will it affect them more?<p>All the best lads whatever happens, It’s been some season, again, from our Canvey island!

A team could drop out of all the cup competitions and still end up not winning the league.<p>The cup competitions have given the club a massive boost. There was the win at Wigan which led to us being live on BBC MOTD. If I had 20/20 hindsight and could do a straight swap - cup victories for league - I could agree with you. However, not knowing how the season was (is) going to develop, I am happy with the cup success we have had.<p>I could be persuaded to give the Ryman League Cup and Thameside Trophy cups a miss, though.<p>Merv CIFC

I have to also agree what a season it has been for Canvey Island FC<p>3RD FA CUP

Quarter Finals FA Umbro Trophy (Out to maybe the

eventual winners of the Cup)

Essex Senior Cup winners again<p>And hopefully the League as well. We all must remember that this is the first time that Canvey have been in situation at this time of the season in the Premier League.<p>Come on Lads lets get the WIN

Can't agree. I think advancement up the pyramid is of paramount importance. Cups are great fun and very exciting but very short term. Get to the Conference and do well and you get to be on TV again anyway. It's all about opinions and I can appreciate your point of view though.

although it is true that we may have suffered from our sucsess in the cups (by god we seem to play shít after a big game) would anyone give up the day out we had at wigan, i wouldnt!

Remember though that a lot of money is generated through the likes of the FA Cup and i know for certain that its put Canvey Island on the map as so many more people now are familiar with the Yellow Army.<p>Anyway think positive and like you say with any luck results will go our way.<p>Supporters can hardly say they have been bored this season.<p>COME ON THE YELLOWS!