Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players going out - introduction music

Cookie

Totally agree TC.

Maybe we are traditionalists, but if its not broken-why mend it.

You need an anhtensque type of music-and blue delivers exactly that.

Yep-there are some medern anthems-but they have not passed the test of time.

((why in rugby internationals do they come out to classics-such as jerusalem-all passed the test of time.

You can understand others wanting to make their mark by changing things-but there are better ways than changing the music.

the younger ones are into their music more though-and all think they are in I like to dabble with stuff like this;and probably change it regularly.

not there last night-so can't comment on that specifically-but where i have been there this season-whatever has been played -has fallen completely flat.

Blues was recognised-and passed the test of time.

It did achieve a minor stirring in the loins.

bring it back.

(didn't we have a similar thread on this in early august ?)

I have to ask the question. If it was played (I was late in to hear it) what has Kasabian's Club Foot got that gets the players up for the game. Have looked at the lyrics and it dosen't do anything for me and cant imagine it doing anything for the players either,or am I missing something.

"Club Foot"

One...take control of me?
Yer messing with the enemy
Said its 2..it's another trick
Messin with my mind, I wake up
Chase down an empty street
Blindly snap the broken beats
Said it's cut with a dirty trick
Its taken all these days to find ya
I tell you I want you
I tell you I need you

friends, take control of me
Stalking cross' the gallery
All these pills got to operate
The colour quits and all invade us
There he goes again
Take me to the edge again
All I got is a dirty trick
I'm chasin down the wolves to save ya

I tell you I want you
I'll tell you I need you
I... the blood aint on my face
Just wanted you near me

I tell you I want you
I'll tell you I need you
The blood aint on my hands

Just wanted you near me

I tell you I want you
I'll tell you I need you
The blood aint on my hands

Just wanted you near me

is the one blatantly obvious thing here-and maybe getting lost on all of us-is that at HDP-there is only one team playing in blue-so 'BLUES@ is obviously in recognition of Margate; whereas anything else , is 'neutral' and could equally be for either team.

Not suggesting that a few chords of blue blues are going to stir the team (and crowd ) more than a TB team talk-but if it adds one per cent to the experience-that's another very small gain,and lots of small gains make the difference.

Not sure why another thread has been added here as already one re this.

However as stated on the previous thread we have to get used to it, will never please everyone!

"Out with the old, in with the new"

The youtube to the song is not exactly uplifting.

Here's another angle on it. Club foot is a particularly dreadful thing to be born with and there are probably supporters or members of their families suffering with it even now They have better treatment methods now but they are mainly not successful You certainly cannot play football if you have it and personally I think that should have been taken into account even in these me me days or am I the only one who knows of it as a school colleague had it and suffered greatly. Think Dudley Moore had it

Got nothing to do with football either (*Margate fc in particular) or are you going to say I'm wrong on that too.FFS

Again unless I am missing something in which case please enlighten me/us so that it can be understood as to the reason why this song had been chosen for our lads to come out onto the pitch as an encouragement.

Look this was down for discussion on a forum not for you to point blank refuse to take note of peoples feelings about this and I'm sure there are a lot more than 3..

Don't know why you are taking it upon yourself to knock back everything that is suggested without debate first not that its down to you anyway. If suggestions aren't suitable then something else maybe,something that  can be associated with the football team in some way..

Edited by Cookie

Have i touched a nerve Tony because I certainly didnt mean too? 

I havent taken it upon myself to refuse, as its not down to me I am simply entering the debate as you put it...... 

People on the facebook group knocked the "let me Entertain you" song as others have disowned having Blues, Blues Blues, Singing the Blues etc. (nothing MFC related to these tunes either).

Not everyone will ever be happy, whatever is played, so new things I am sure will be tried in the future.

I know for certain that a lot of people like this paticular track, as I do, more for the backing than the words in my case. :)

Am not averse to change Alan but would like to see something played that is suitable. I'm still confused as to the Kasabian song. I need to know why this has been deemed a suitable song for me to understand its inclusion. As for Blues Blues Blues, and I'm not cemented to that song it does include our colours and the wording within the song is positive towards getting a result or should I say hopes of getting a result. Kasabian s words don't mean anything as far as the football team is concerned as far as I can see.Surely the wording is more important than the sound track and from what I have heard of it it is inaudable  and not a choice that will get the players "up for it" so to speak Just want an explanation really.

Edited by Cookie

Its just a bloody noise as I am listening to it again now but thanks for your reply and your explanation.As far as the Robbie williams song no, I didn't like that either but at least it had reference to our style of football and that is a connection and would entice people to come but this Kasabian rubbish certainly wont..I accepted Williams song and even on match days was tweeting to people to come along and "let us entertain you" or come along and be entertained. The only thing I thought was wrong with that is that it was putting too much on the players to actually perform,added pressure and all that and that might affect their form trying to do just that. We know they play well but...

Edited by Cookie