Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ched Evans

Rhodes

One un-asked question..................

IF  he is allowed to return to first class football, he would untimately have access to 'young-fans'.  Would he pass a 'fitnes' check by the police as I assume he is having to sign the 'sex-offenders' register.

"Why should we deny a footballer a return to employment if we would not deny a plumber?"

They are two totally different lines of work though, a footballer is hero worshipped for example, a plumber isn't!

They are two totally different lines of work though, a footballer is hero worshipped for example, a plumber isn't!

Yes, I think that is something to take into consideration. It is a crying shame that the artisans of our society are not more popular.

Might be worth a read, bit long but if you want to be informed about the case then I don't see why you couldn't.

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

I'm completely unsure about the original Judges summing up to the Jury and how the Jury arrived at their verdict. But then I'm not a judge and only ever sat on a jury with a mugging case. 

The main point for me is how you can be two and a half times over the drink drive limit at most and not at least know what you are doing, you may not be fit to drive but you are still capable of making decisions, otherwise your perfect appeal if caught driving over the limit would be that you were incapable of making a decision. Two and a half times over the limit is as my memory serves about 5 units of alcohol. Anything up to ten between the ages of 15 to 40 made me perfectly capable of deciding how to get home, whether to buy a kebab, and pizza or fish & chips or whether to allow myself to be seduced by a female, and I'd sure remember that in the morning.

Unsafe verdict. I don't know how this lad other than by prudish values was found guilty.

Not sure - the expert that estimated the amount of alcohol she had was a defence witness and as such would be biased towards the defence - it sounds like she threw up the alcohol so surely it's hard to judge how much she really drank. As a non-expert, it sounds to me as though she had more than 5 units. I think we can question the memory loss thing though.

I think maybe you are right CoT, we can't be sure of how much she had to drink, she was certainly falling over drunk as seen on CCTV, however, much later, towards 4.15am she had left her friends and was walking when she met McDonald. I just don't buy the memory loss thing at all. Waking up at 11.30 am in a urine soaked bed all alone, well I'd probably feel a bit miffed if I were a woman remembering who I came with to the hotel but as a bloke I'd have thought most would be content and be thinking of finding breakfast and getting to the pub. I would in all honesty appreciate women's and mens views on that scenario. 

What troubles me is this vicious campaign towards the victim online and off by friends and family of Evans, surely if Evans hasn't the influence to stop it considering that they are his friends/family then has he been a part of its initiation.

I really don't think he's going to play again for Sheffield United and I seriously doubt that he'll play professional football again but who know?

Yes, I think that is something to take into consideration. It is a crying shame that the artisans of our society are not more popular.

With regards to a plumber being able to return to his trade after serving time for rape, my youngest, who has a successful plumbing company thinks not. For a start, if the company sent a rapist to a house, and he raped the occupants they would be sued for putting the victim in danger. Its unlikely any insurance company would pick up the tab, and its unlikely they would get public liability insurance. Secondly, he seems to think a convicted rapist would be barred from having a gas-safe certificate, which would make them virtually unemployable in the plumbing trade. Thirdly, no company that employs people to enter customers premises, that are in their right mind,  would ever employ someone like Ched Evans. 

With regards to a plumber being able to return to his trade after serving time for rape, my youngest, who has a successful plumbing company thinks not. For a start, if the company sent a rapist to a house, and he raped the occupants they would be sued for putting the victim in danger. Its unlikely any insurance company would pick up the tab, and its unlikely they would get public liability insurance. Secondly, he seems to think a convicted rapist would be barred from having a gas-safe certificate, which would make them virtually unemployable in the plumbing trade. Thirdly, no company that employs people to enter customers premises, that are in their right mind,  would ever employ someone like Ched Evans. 

Well you live and learn Alan. As I said a while before, rapists should be locked up and the key thrown away, those we are sure of being guilty that is, unsafe verdicts not withstanding. Then we won't have to worry about these things really.

I think maybe you are right CoT, we can't be sure of how much she had to drink, she was certainly falling over drunk as seen on CCTV, however, much later, towards 4.15am she had left her friends and was walking when she met McDonald. I just don't buy the memory loss thing at all. Waking up at 11.30 am in a urine soaked bed all alone, well I'd probably feel a bit miffed if I were a woman remembering who I came with to the hotel but as a bloke I'd have thought most would be content and be thinking of finding breakfast and getting to the pub. I would in all honesty appreciate women's and mens views on that scenario. 

What troubles me is this vicious campaign towards the victim online and off by friends and family of Evans, surely if Evans hasn't the influence to stop it considering that they are his friends/family then has he been a part of its initiation.

I really don't think he's going to play again for Sheffield United and I seriously doubt that he'll play professional football again but who know?

Like I said before, if he clears his name then I have no problem with him playing again. However, I don't think he will play again either, the stigma surrounding him would prevent that.

It looks like Sheffield United have made a u turn and will not be offering rapist Ched Evans a new contrat following his release from prison, good for them however the Bramall Lane outfit should have distanced themselves from Evans from day one which would have avoided all the controversy with the likes of the Club's high profile supporters Jessica Ennis-Hill and Charlie Webster. I'm quite surprised that actor, and huge Blades fan, Sean Bean hasn't spoken up on the issue and demonised Evans in the press: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2835884/Rapist-Ched-Evans-not-offered-contract-Sheffield-United-club-chiefs-shocked-public-reaction-toxic-former-striker.html

I have no problem with the Club allowing him to train with them   -   Playing again is a different matter.

I have no problem with the Club allowing him to train with them

Evans shouldn't be allowed any where near Bramall Lane

I see that singer and patron Paul Heaton is the latest to condemn the Bramall Lane Club over the Ched Evans scandal and has resigned his position. The former Housemartins and Beautiful South frontman said 'Evans had every right to rebuild his career as a footballer but this should not involve walking straight out of prison and into the shirt of the Club he so badly let down'.

Thank God Sheffield United finally saw the light and retracted their crazy decision to allow rapist Evans to train at Bramall Lane, here is the Club's full press statement:

'After ongoing and extensive deliberation, Sheffield United Football Club has decided to retract the opportunity for its former player, Ched Evans, to use the Club's facilities for training purposes, as was previously intended. 

The Club initially accepted a request from The PFA for Ched Evans to be able to train. The reaction to this has been at an intensity that could not have been anticipated when first announced.

As noted in previous statements from the Club, the legal system of this country provides for both the punishment and the rehabilitation of every person who has been found guilty of a crime. 

Sheffield United will not be used to promote the view that professional footballers should be treated differently, as has been the wont of certain sections of the media and various commentators.

In addition, we remain disappointed at some of the inaccurate reporting, misinformed views and commentary, as well as the actions of a minority of individuals on social media. 

Professional footballers must be treated as equals before the law.

The club condemns rape and violence of any kind against women in the strongest possible terms. 

The club is aware that Ched Evans is pursuing legal recourse via the Criminal Cases Review Commission in the determination he has to clear his name. 

'We trust that he will be afforded a fair hearing.' 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2843092/Sheffield-United-retracts-decision-allow-rapist-footballer-Ched-Evans-train-club-public-outcry-decision.html

A red letter day for the baying mob, expect to see a surplus of pitchforks on Ebay.

Loosely - Just one question if i may, what if you had a teenage daughter who you cherished and she went out one night only to be unceremoniously raped by Ched Evans, what would your reaction be out of interest

Loosely - You still haven't answered the above question, I'm curious to know as, reading between the lines, you appear to be Evans biggest fan and haven't said a bad word against the rapist

Loosely - You still haven't answered the above question, I'm curious to know as, reading between the lines, you appear to be Evans biggest fan and haven't said a bad word against the rapist

We all know that you can read a world of what you want between the lines Rhodesly.

Loosely - It's a simple question isn't it, what if you had a young innocent daughter who you cherished and who went out one night with friends only to be unceremoniously raped by Ched Evans, what would your reaction be, would you still think that the sun shone out of his backside.

Loosely - It's a simple question isn't it, what if you had a young innocent daughter who you cherished and who went out one night with friends only to be unceremoniously raped by Ched Evans, what would your reaction be, would you still think that the sun shone out of his backside.

It's what you like to do - put words in peoples mouths. Not my words.

Well isn't that exactly what you think, why defend Evans then like you did with child killer Luke McCormick.