Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hereford united away-the conference years

michael

No idea what made me think of this overnight-and its totally irrelevant to anything else -but  i probably regard the victory over hereford away-about 13 years ago as one of the most memorable away trips/victories;and even though i can't remember whether it was sigere or collins who got it-the great lobbed winning goal from just inside the halfway line.

whilst things change quickly-and despite our own steady climb down the leagues over the last ten or twelve years-i don't think many would have thought that margate would even today in the ryman be playing two levels above hereford united  

Sigere got the winning goal (3-2) in injury time (he was yards offside). The Phil Collins goal from the halfway line was in the first half. This was the game Lee Shearer was brought on as a sub and then was subbed himself a few minutes later. Phil Smith made some amazing saves as Hereford battered us.

Archived