Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's Billericay Gazette

Interesting perspective from Glen Poole in the Billericay Gazette today about ‘doom and gloom’ at the club.  He didn’t state if this was coming from the Committee or the fans.  Don’t think it’s coming from the fans as we would have soon known as DelBoy would have be on the forum inviting the doomers to come down the club on a Thursday night, quickly followed by a Chairman’s Blog. Neither has been seen in the last couple of weeks.  Everything is positive, crowds are up by 14%, a large crowd for Peacehaven game although some of them were hiding, not many changes in the team recently and we have not signed a new player for a few weeks.  Unwanted fans are now attending alternative games.  A plan to bring in new supporters is still in the pipeline, so why the gloom, everything must be hunky dory.

Interesting, first it was the Chairman's Blog; then it was the Manager's Programme notes and now a senior member of the squad alludes to negativity at the Club.

Well, strike me down with a feather! - football fans being dissatisfied with results/ performances, now there's a novelty !!!  From personal experience !, I know that fans on this forum are very loyal to the Club and whilst occasionally you might hear a negative comment in the ground, it is only borne out of frustration. For goodness sake, I hear negative comments at my "other club" where they are building an extension to the Trophy Room !!!

Now I am not being critical (perish the thought) but it would be nice to add to our last home league win back in sunny August. However, we have the same points total as this time last year ( albeit from two more games), so plenty of time for a strong finish as our promising youngsters gel with Glen , Richard and the other senior players   COYB

I don't think the fans on the forum or on twitter have complained in a while. We should be higher in the league though, the only teams in my opinion that are clearly stronger than us are the top 3. When you see some of the goals and chances we create it's when we play on the floor and we have a lot of technical players to do that more consistently. We just need that one win to send us on a roll i feel.

There's also a difference in having an opinion and being negative

Interesting perspective from Glen Poole in the Billericay Gazette today about ‘doom and gloom’ at the club.  He didn’t state if this was coming from the Committee or the fans.  Don’t think it’s coming from the fans as we would have soon known as DelBoy would have be on the forum inviting the doomers to come down the club on a Thursday night, quickly followed by a Chairman’s Blog. Neither has been seen in the last couple of weeks.  Everything is positive, crowds are up by 14%, a large crowd for Peacehaven game although some of them were hiding, not many changes in the team recently and we have not signed a new player for a few weeks.  Unwanted fans are now attending alternative games.  A plan to bring in new supporters is still in the pipeline, so why the gloom, everything must be hunky dory.

Where does the 'unwanted fans' mention come from?

To be fair i read Glen's interview and wondered the same thing, No mention of "Unwanted Fan's" and to tar him with that brush would (IN MY OPINION) be unfair.

Looking forward to our next home game. It's been a while....

COYB

Top posting!

Top posting!

Peas in a pod.

New Lodger, I would quite like to know what gives you that assumption too?

Here's my take on it all;

In football players come and go, as do managers and sometimes chairman, thats all part of the football merry go round.

What I do see at our club is an amazing selection of volunteers who without them the club would not function what so ever. Does the club (supporters and officals) take these people for granted?

I remember the times when after a win you would get accosted by certain people for a win tax! I remember a time when certain people would in their own personal time arrange away coaches etc. Occasionally running at a cost. Without those people I would never have put my hand in my pocket or got to games on a  great journey with my mates. What has happened to those people? Are they the unwanted ones suddenly? Why are the club not asking where those people have gone and why they can not or are not contributing any more!

If a volunteer makes a mistake, after all we are human, should they be critised or thanked for making an effort?

For me personally I couldnt care less who runs the club, who manages it or who plays. What I care about is that everyone who is involved gives 100%. I have seen that on the pitch from the players this season, I have seen that over the years from all of the volunteers, for me thats what makes the difference.

I apologise if this seems like a ramble but its just how I feel. If I fee like that there may be others who knows.

No doubt I will now be shot down or been given the 'doomer' bracket on this forum, if thats the case then so be it. I am not being negative. Just merley asking some questions.

I am now off to work out whether I am a supporter or spectator!!

COYB!!!

Edited by navyblue1

If I read the original post correctly, it doesn't say the "unwanted fans" was in the article by Glenn Poole.  Just references it as another point in relation to attendance numbers.

Interesting point, there are a significant number of regulars (who I would put in the die-hard category) who seem to be missing - both home and away.  Perhaps we're changing supporters as often as we change the team?  I hope not, I'm hopeless with names and as a result I'm really struggling with team - don't need it on the terraces as well ;-)

I did think the 'unwanted fans' comment was tongue in cheek but couldn't be sure.  I've heard similar of late...

I've spoken with Glenn Poole several times, he's a nice and approachable bloke.  He is also to the point and speaks his mind which is a massive plus as far as I'm concerned in this day and age.

New Lodger, I would quite like to know what gives you that assumption too?

Here's my take on it all;

In football players come and go, as do managers and sometimes chairman, thats all part of the football merry go round.

What I do see at our club is an amazing selection of volunteers who without them the club would not function what so ever. Does the club (supporters and officals) take these people for granted?

I remember the times when after a win you would get accosted by certain people for a win tax! I remember a time when certain people would in their own personal time arrange away coaches etc. Occasionally running at a cost. Without those people I would never have put my hand in my pocket or got to games on a  great journey with my mates. What has happened to those people? Are they the unwanted ones suddenly? Why are the club not asking where those people have gone and why they can not or are not contributing any more!

If a volunteer makes a mistake, after all we are human, should they be critised or thanked for making an effort?

For me personally I couldnt care less who runs the club, who manages it or who plays. What I care about is that everyone who is involved gives 100%. I have seen that on the pitch from the players this season, I have seen that over the years from all of the volunteers, for me thats what makes the difference.

I apologise if this seems like a ramble but its just how I feel. If I fee like that there may be others who knows.

No doubt I will now be shot down or been given the 'doomer' bracket on this forum, if thats the case then so be it. I am not being negative. Just merley asking some questions.

I am now off to work out whether I am a supporter or spectator!!

COYB!!!

That sounds like an opinion, you should be ashamed! ;)

Just so as you know.   :-)

spec•ta•tor (ˈspɛk teɪ tər, spɛkˈteɪ-) 

n.

1. a person who looks on or watches; onlooker; observer.
2. a member of the audience at a public spectacle, display, or the like.
3. Also called spec′tator shoe`. a white shoe with a wing tip and various trims, often perforated, in a contrasting color.
[1580–90; < Latin spectātor <spectā(re), frequentative of specere to look]
spec`ta•to′ri•al (-təˈtɔr i əl, -ˈtoʊr-) adj.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

sup•port•er (səˈpɔr tər, -ˈpoʊr-) 

n.

1. a person or thing that supports.
2. an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.
3. either of two human or animal figures flanking and supporting an escutcheon.
[1400–50]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

They both apply to the majority of the folk i know at Billericay Town fc. 

Just so as you know.   :-)

spec•ta•tor (ˈspɛk teɪ tər, spɛkˈteɪ-) 

n.

1. a person who looks on or watches; onlooker; observer.
2. a member of the audience at a public spectacle, display, or the like.
3. Also called spec′tator shoe`. a white shoe with a wing tip and various trims, often perforated, in a contrasting color.
[1580–90; < Latin spectātor <spectā(re), frequentative of specere to look]
spec`ta•to′ri•al (-təˈtɔr i əl, -ˈtoʊr-) adj.

sup•port•er (səˈpɔr tər, -ˈpoʊr-) 

n.

1. a person or thing that supports.
2. an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.
3. either of two human or animal figures flanking and supporting an escutcheon.
[1400–50]

They both apply to the majority of the folk i know at Billericay Town fc. 

3. Shoe army

Peas in a pod.

Well I have looked in my pod, also checked my ipod and can't find Ryan anywhere.  Checking back on NL's comments on this forum, majority of times that Ryan makes a comment he is on the forum at double speed.  Careful there maybe a stalker about. 

I don't know what others think but we have New Lodger making a comment that nobody understands and is asked to explain the comment and silence.  I think that is a bit rude.  If you are prepared to say something be man enough to reply.

Edited by Little Boy Blue

Not everyone is being negative, there are supporters who are consistently travelling to away games and turning up for home games cheering the team on. what about them?

Id say 99% of supporters still believe that Craig is the right man to take us forward, he has performed miracles on a tight budget.

I think the frustrating thing for supports at the moment is the potential the club has to succeed, but to do that we all have to work together (chairman/manager/players/supporters/spectators) and that's the key, and unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case at this moment in time.