Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cobham FC

Hope they find a solution to their problems,they have helped others out in time of need.

You sure it's not just you that always anticipates the worse peter?? Lol...

I'm sure in time there will be a statement...The current administrator of Cobham's web site and twitter account is no longer involved with the club,so please ignore what's written on them!! The TRUTH will make far better and more interesting reading in good time!

I will add though that Cobham's future is probably brighter and more secure than a small minority would hope for!

NLS,my post above gives my view on the subject.Note the date.

Edited by Smudge

Silence was advised by people investigating the whole situation at Cobham.

It seems that now there is no harm in saying that the end is in sight, Cobham FC are not about to disappear of the football map, but as I am sure will be confirmed in the immediate future, the right processes had to be undertaken in timescales out of their control.

All the hype is due primarily to social media comments from a dismissed manager who retained control of the official web site and twitter account (which surely can't be right), and I for one in the past 6-7 years of following non league football can't ever remember an ex manager acting in this manner, who would want to risk employing someone like that in the future?

Clearly it wasn't about results as they were doing ok, so some misconduct must have occurred to instigate the dismissal!

If these comments hadn't happened this would have passed quietly by without all the interest and hype...

A new team and manager will obviously inevitably be required for Cobham FC if they are to continue, but again I see no reason they should rush their appointment or announcement if, seemingly the league and FA are comfortable with the internal progress...

No, no need to rush, It's not as if there is another team to consider when fitting in home fixtures or a possibility of bad weather in the winter.

Surely if this is a case of short term pain for long term gain then we should all be behind it

Better some inconvenience now and a club be saved then lose a club forever?

Surely if this is a case of short term pain for long term gain then we should all be behind it

Better some inconvenience now and a club be saved then lose a club forever?

...and when. exactly, does the indefinable "short term" end? I'm sure many clubs would sometimes benefit from a break from their obligations, as would many businesses, but the world doesn't usually work like that...well....not the real world.

There was a management meeting last night I believe. The Cobham chairman attended I believe.

So the outcome should definitely be known pretty soon !

All the hype is due primarily to social media comments from a dismissed manager who retained control of the official web site and twitter account (which surely can't be right), and I for one in the past 6-7 years of following non league football can't ever remember an ex manager acting in this manner, who would want to risk employing someone like that in the future?

It's completely unprofessional and still happening; retweeting Corinthian Casuals news?

I know of other people in charge of Twitter and web accounts leaving clubs on not the best terms and they haven't acted in this manner.

As promised, here is a statement regarding Cobham FC, which was sent to all club secretaries a little earlier today:  These decisions were made unanimously at a Management Meeting on Mon 8 December, following a further request from the Club.

1.  Cobham FC will be further excused from fixtures until 31 December 2014.

2.  The Club is to resume playing on Saturday 3 January 2015, with their scheduled match away to Farleigh Rovers FC

3.  All the matches missed by Cobham FC, up to 31 December 2014 will be re-arranged.  Any matches  re-arranged at Cobham FC in midweek, will be under floodlights.

4.  No further extension period will be granted.

The League anticipates and expects that all the conditions will be met and will not be making any further statement at this time.

So another batch of players to come in again and then leave.............................the circle will continue i'm telling you!!!!!!!!!!! So many great people, players and managers have left that club!!!!!!!!!! what a shame

Well, we don't know why club and 1st team parted company, and we don't know if there is a new management team with players in place for January.

Probably none of our business, but then this is part of social media where everything has to be known, or even better, made up!

Do I detect just the slightest touch of cynicism, Jeff ?

:ph34r:

Edited by Big J R

What is the real truth behind this saga,is a takeover being executed?

A general meeting of Cobham Football Members has been called by the President of Cobham Football Club,to be held at Leatherhead  FC on the 22nd December to elect Officers,This meeting will be attended by Surrey FA and Combined Counties League Representatives.Whenever has a General Meeting of any Clubs,invited the shirts along to their meetings.Why not hold the meeting at Cobham FC.Why just post the announcement 10 hours ago,on the Cobham Website ,yet nominations for Chair,Treasurer,Secretary,President,have to be in by 3pm on the 18th December 2014 YES TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

More importantly,I hope Ken Reed is aware of this,just hope it is not a takeover by the backdoor.

Edited by Smudge