Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase Highlights: Sun Sports v Stanway Rovers

Goalkeeper is outstanding in them clips, I cant believe SS didn't score!?

Looked like one-way traffic...half time and full time whistle blown with the ball in the keepers hands tells the story. 

Pete the Greek, views on the ref at the penalty incident? Why did he check the pitch, then give the penalty? Another showing of lack of footballing common sense. Surely he should judge it by when (and where) the contact was made, not when the player started sliding? No doubt Hobbsy and the boys will feel hard done by there.

Jamie A-A missing a couple of guilt-edged chances there. A lot of shots going straight at the keeper. Goes to show even the most experienced can have 'one of those days'. I'm sure he'll just pull his shorts up, and move onto the next game. Probably bag a hat trick knowing him.

Can anyone from Sun Sports shed light on what happened with the sending off? Looked a bit like amateur dramatics from Hampsy/H-Dog.

afternoon all. Was at the game in Saturday and think off we was still out there now we wouldn't of scored!. Dominated from start to finnish and got suckered in with a breakaway goal. Thd pen incident Edwin was protesting it was outside the box so the red wasn't sure if it was in or out. Think he showed common sense to make sure if it was in or out. The sending off incident was a blatant elbow but if it hurt it not is another story!. We was guilty of pior delivery choices in passes and pretty much everything else. But it was definatly backs to the wall for them all game. Mr Armstrong was guilty of a few misses. Straight at the keeper when in the corners would of made him at least work for it. There keeper was def man of the match in my eyes but we had enough chances to win it 4 times over

As to the shorts thing I have no idea why he rolls them up but his goal record shows maybe if others pulled there's up as high then maybe they would get as many goals as he does. Think amptill isn't a very stern test though got mr vardy. Think we might be hearing more from tring townie tonight as they play herts county bushey sports, another giant Infront if him

Thd pen incident Edwin was protesting it was outside the box so the red wasn't sure if it was in or out. Think he showed common sense to make sure if it was in or out. 

But how did he "make sure'? By looking at the mark on the floor? That doesn't prove where and when "E-pain" made contact with the player. Therefore, the ref was sure of nothing.

I think of Vards had thighs like Jamie double A, he'd be showing them off as well. I expect a cricket score down at Tring tonight against the pre-season whipping boys that are Metro Police Bushey. If he can't get at least four against what will probably be a make-shift, bare 11, then he can kiss his ssml top scorer hopes goodbye.

Archived