Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mr Wellers letter

michael

Interesting letter from Mr Weller in the NLP today, where he is mildly critical of a couple of young lads at last weeks game v bognor where they were asking people attending what 'proper' club do you support.

Maybe its my hearing, but i was asked similar-albeit i thought the question was 'what premiership team do you support.

even so-at the time-i was similarly disappointed in the question,and the inference that it the 'premiership 'where its at.

seems i sing from the same hymn sheet as mr weller as for me 'non league is 'where its at'

At the same time-when i was about 8, i similarly had two teams-west ham and margate ;but with maturity-i think quite a few come to realise that the premiership is definitely NOT where its at and non league is very much the proper one to follow.

can't blame the lads though-i was no different 50 years ago-and it must be even harder today when there is so much premiership  nonsense l on television

The same lads asked me when I was waiting to do the teams enterance music and they look shocked when I said Margate and I dont support any Premier League team. 

Archived