Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harrow Borough Away

Final score 2 1 and a great performance from the ten payers on the field... And subs...

We held the ball well and at times passed the ball very well to keep Harrow out of the game. And when required we pumped the ball up... To take the pressure of the defence. A all round great performance, effort matched by the application... Shame so many had to miss it but their reasons are understood by myself... So no blame there from me.

This was a deserved victory and I am sure would have been possibly more decisive if we had 11 players on the field (for anyone who wants to argue... The red card was nailed on... I have the photos).

Well done to the players and to Crag and his management team...

Final score 2 1 and a great performance from the ten payers on the field... And subs...

We held the ball well and at times passed the ball very well to keep Harrow out of the game. And when required we pumped the ball up... To take the pressure of the defence. A all round great performance, effort matched by the application... Shame so many had to miss it but their reasons are understood by myself... So no blame there from me.

This was a deserved victory and I am sure would have been possibly more decisive if we had 11 players on the field (for anyone who wants to argue... The red card was nailed on... I have the photos).

Well done to the players and to Crag and his management team...

Absolutely unbelievable that Craig Edwards should use so much abusive language towards the officials regarding the sending off. It was right in front of where I was stood and it was a red card every day of the week. To try and defend the player (and curse and swear at fans in what is a family friendly club) didn't show well on BTFC. There are a number of clowns at non-league level, and wee Craigie Boy certainly wears the red nose and baggy trousers.

How poor a side are Harrow, though? 

The better side won, but I really wish the folks on the bench had maybe conducted themselves a bit better...but knowing BTFC - it's sadly to be expected. 

A two footed tackle... Which was deemed dangerous due to the certain amount of lift the player was able to get. Bascially Acosa, launched himself at a oncoming player...

TBH, no one was injured, it was telegraphed enough for the Harrow player to take evasive action and in certain peoples defence, (and in my opinion because I was of the because I thought the same) of that, didn't look too bad... But when I reviewed the pictures I had taken.... I amended my original opinion...

In retrospect, we can't complain at the ref. He gave us a really soft penalty. Sappleton fell over a player, from behind in the box basically... Or should that be fell onto a player. Everyone was amazed when the ref blew up and pointed to the spot!!!! A gift....

Actually...reading back on this thread, I feel that some people wish to accentuate the negatives. And like a mug I have joined them. Apologies in this instance to those that may of taken offence....

The red card incident was but a moment in what was a great performance by the players and team. Yes, it did effect the set up and at the time, 10 players on the pitch, who knew that we would come away 2-1 winners... but we did and I think that more than enough reason to celebrate.

And it wasn't a "dirty" win in any way... At times we were so much better than they were... So lets acknowledge the effort and application of those players.  

..can anyone explain why the official web page seems to have thrown a wobbler?..no recent match reports and I get a very strange page when I try to view the fixtures/results page?..I have to say that the "unofficial" site is far better with constant updates..well done guys.. :P

..can anyone explain why the official web page seems to have thrown a wobbler?..no recent match reports and I get a very strange page when I try to view the fixtures/results page?..I have to say that the "unofficial" site is far better with constant updates..well done guys.. :P

Guys?!

Just me, at the moment...

But thank you.

I'll be putting together the match video for tonight game tomorrow after work, assuming First Essex buses get me home before midnight.

..clearly you must be a bit of a whizz on the interweb thingy then?...how about trying to get the club shop online so I can update my sons and my replica shirts from sunny Adelaide?... :) ..hot today for the first day at Adelaide Oval of the Australia v India test..30+c and not a cloud in the sky...

only 27c today and believe it or not rain has stopped play at the cricket..when I say rain, someone sprayed the pitch when they opened a can of XXXX... :doh:

Archived