Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Application for Promotion

Krooner

suggestions on another site say that 6 sides have applied for prmotion from CCL this season

Ashford, Windsor, Molesey, Camberley Town, Epsom and Ewell and Spelthorne Sports

So current league leaders havent. Is this correct ?

Edited by Krooner

it's a shame promotion isn't based on the hard work of the team rather than the facilities.

I agree with that sentiment as long as the ground is up to a certain scratch.  My personal belief is that the ground grading is too strict even at Step 5.

I also believe that a team should be allowed up for 1 season to get work done to keep them there.  I think you sort of can do that but not on everything.

sure to be shot down now :)

Id be surprised if they did mate. Lots of work to be done on the ground unless I'm mistaken.

That may be so JJ however why not apply and find out what is needed to be done for future reference.

Apply and find out stuff you already knew?? Waste of £200 !!

I agree if 90% of the grading is up to standards but if the obvious expensive stuff isn't done, why waste the money. I'm sure more seats are required and enclosed railings around the ground. That's not cheap!!!!!!

We had our ground inspected this morning.

Some bits and bobs to do but no real drama's to retain our step 5 level. Re-visit March 2015. All will be complete then.

We could not afford promotion on the ground grading front and the increased cost of running a team nowadays in the Ryman League (or Southern League for that matter).

Given that only 6 clubs have applied this season, many, it would appear, are in the same boat?

That doesn't mean we lack ambition as a club however!

We have made steady progress in recent years and will continue to try to make things better as and when the cash is available.

Here's a question, how much, players wages aside, would it cost for a CC club with Standard CC prem ground gradings cost to get promoted, the maintain.

How much added expenditure you looking at just to keep head above water at step 4?

Apply and find out stuff you already knew?? Waste of £200 !!

I agree if 90% of the grading is up to standards but if the obvious expensive stuff isn't done, why waste the money. I'm sure more seats are required and enclosed railings around the ground. That's not cheap!!!!!!

No need to get all aggressive with your !'s JJ

There will be lots of stuff that is silly and little that will need doing. 

Not suprised if Cove have not applied for Promotion,their home gates average 36 this season,just about pays for the Officials.Them silly atcost stands cost an arm and a leg to purchase.Not forgetting 3 Turnstiles.for possible crowd segregation,its laughable to say the least

On that point do the League/FA's run seminars on Fund raising for Clubs,if they don't why not?

Edited by Smudge

3G/4G you can hire the pitch out 24 hours a day if you wanted to,what a way to raise the revenue required to finance any club,i'm sure the councils wouldn't mind lol,got the impression from Millers when i spoke to him a while ago that he was under the impression Cove would apply for promotion,I must say that when i was there they were adamant that CCL Prem was where they wanted to stay,does seem a bit naughty if Millers and the team are wasting there time thinking they will go up if they are in a favourable position imo.

3G/4G you can hire the pitch out 24 hours a day if you wanted to,what a way to raise the revenue required to finance any club,i'm sure the councils wouldn't mind lol,got the impression from Millers when i spoke to him a while ago that he was under the impression Cove would apply for promotion,I must say that when i was there they were adamant that CCL Prem was where they wanted to stay,does seem a bit naughty if Millers and the team are wasting there time thinking they will go up if they are in a favourable position imo.

Oh no, the tippy tap anti-football solution rears its ugly head again....still, each to their own, eh?

In my opinion, the ghastly surfaces do not encourage proper tackles, take the skill of coping with different conditions out of the equation and games are characterised by play more reminiscent of a school playground than a proper football pitch. You, of course, can have your own opinion, but mine is that what is served up is inferior. ( x 3 in England, x1 in Germany, x2 in Sweden, x2 in Norway and x1 in Faroe Islands...In each case because there was no alternative.)

Proper tackles is that all you are worried about knob head,I can tell you that whatever the surface i will tackle the same way on 3/4g as i would on grass,what you seem to fail to understand is that the game has moved on and a lot of proper tackles,as you call them,are now illegal,come on voice join the 21st century and leave the mud and bumpy sh1tholes in the murky past, you know it makes sense ;)   

Voice,just this question.

Would you rather have your facilities used regulary all year round,or as is the norm at most non league clubs just twice a week,think of the revenue difference.Maidstone and Whyteleafe have definitely turned the corner,since having 3g installed.No longer empty or closed Clubhouses 5 days a week.

Proper tackles is that all you are worried about knob head,I can tell you that whatever the surface i will tackle the same way on 3/4g as i would on grass,what you seem to fail to understand is that the game has moved on and a lot of proper tackles,as you call them,are now illegal,come on voice join the 21st century and leave the mud and bumpy sh1tholes in the murky past, you know it makes sense ;)   

Tough as OLD BOOTS OUR Duncs ,Ron Harris could not lace his boots  ;)

...and your considered response is a playground jibe of an insult. I suspect that says more about you than anything else, really. I am well into the 21st century...a time when if the best you can do is call someone a "knob head" you are best served by moving your well oiled fingers away from a keyboard, Ok, so you don't  like proper football and I do...I can still manage to accept what I see as your misguided opinion without recourse to vulgarity. Still, I suppose when it comes to brains you have to make the best of the hand you're dealt with and try to be in with the forum mafia!

Edited by thevoiceofreason