Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Application for Promotion

Krooner

I don't drink,dogs breath,and as for not liking proper football thats the game they played in medievil England when 2 villages or Hamlets fought to get a ball or pigs skin to a nominated location,the participants were covered in mud and shit and could sometimes be badly injured,ring any bells root boy.

I also believe that a team should be allowed up for 1 season to get work done to keep them there.  I think you sort of can do that but not on everything.

sure to be shot down now :)

A team is allowed up for nearly a whole season before getting the grading for the level they're at.

Step 5 is a bit different to the other steps as there's this pointless 'E' grade that's no good to anyone but, as an example, Krooner Park has a D grade (last graded in March or April). That means we could get promoted from step 4 and have until March 31st in our first season at step 3 to get the 'C' grade.

There are a lot of misconceptions about ground grading. I agree a lot of the stuff doesn't seem necessary but I'm always reading things on forums where people think they're stricter than they are. I suppose it like people saying that FA Cup, league and non-league crowds are going down when they're not. It's one of those things that everyone just repeats without actually checking whether it's true or not.

I don't drink,dogs breath,and as for not liking proper football thats the game they played in medievil England when 2 villages or Hamlets fought to get a ball or pigs skin to a nominated location,the participants were covered in mud and shit and could sometimes be badly injured,ring any bells root boy.

Who was you playing for back then Duncs? ;)

A team is allowed up for nearly a whole season before getting the grading for the level they're at.

Step 5 is a bit different to the other steps as there's this pointless 'E' grade that's no good to anyone but, as an example, Krooner Park has a D grade (last graded in March or April). That means we could get promoted from step 4 and have until March 31st in our first season at step 3 to get the 'C' grade.

There are a lot of misconceptions about ground grading. I agree a lot of the stuff doesn't seem necessary but I'm always reading things on forums where people think they're stricter than they are. I suppose it like people saying that FA Cup, league and non-league crowds are going down when they're not. It's one of those things that everyone just repeats without actually checking whether it's true or not.

See told you all.  I knew there was a more knowledgeable person out there than me.

Just to make it clear in my honest opinion Cove's ground would be able to cope with Step 4 football without any problems. So if that makes me think that the ground grading is too strict then so be it :)

Thanks for not calling me names though VP.

Trouble is Krooner, complying is different to coping !  Most of the CCL grounds could 'cope' with step 4 crowds but they don't 'comply' with what is required by the FA [And yes I do think the requirements in most cases are too strict!].

Cove would face a massive cost implication as the gravel drive/parking area alongside the pitch has to be a 'Bound surface' and that is a very big area to have tarmac/concrete put down on and if they wanted to continue using that area for parking they would have to build a fence between it and the path surrounding the pitch. At a rough guess you're looking at 10 to 12 grand just for those two things to be done and for what, a possible increase in crowds of 30 or 40 ? 

At Windsor we have two very small areas of grass banking in the corners at the training ground end and to comply with the requirements we need to either fence them off of dig them flat so people can't stand on them and slide down !  Why would anyone want to stand on a wet grass bank when there's terracing and stands with an official capacity of 3000+ ?  That's where the FA need to get realistic !

I do think that the regulations are ridiculous and is contrary to what most people want to see, the best team/s go up and the worst team/s go down. I understand that certain standards need to be met and then maintained and I am all for that however....having an extra x seats when a team constantly draws low attendances, turnstiles etc I believe is over the top and makes it hard for progressive clubs to move up the ladder.

Its not sour grapes from me, there is still a long long way to go but I can honestly say that as a club we would have struggled IF we were in a position to go up and that isn't for Footballing reasons (although some may have differing opinions). We are a small club run by a dedicated but handful of people who run themselves into the ground to get it to the level the club is at now so in that respect, and with the lack of new blood coming forward the decision is for the best.

I agree with Windsor Sec which is why I think that the ground grading is too strict

Millers it is a real shame for the great people you have down there and understand the club are doing what is best for the club and I don't blame them however I still feel it is a shame when the team in the driving seat to win the league we already know will not go up.

In view of all this banter re 3G/4G, with some for and some against, may I just say that now that Mole Valley Distric Council have today agreed to a FULL up-grade of Meadowbank, both the recreation area, AND the football ground, that they sderiously consider an all-weather pitch !!  It would really be in their interest given their view of the future and the amount of revenue it could bring them.

Remind me: If the winning club don't apply / meet the ground grading, and the 2nd club does, can the 2nd club go up?

I was informed last night that the 2nd place team would be eligible providing they have applied and have the required grading.  Not sure how far down the league they will go. 

I was informed last night that the 2nd place team would be eligible providing they have applied and have the required grading. Not sure how far down the league they will go.

Hopefully about 13th, sticking us right back in the promotion mix.... Edited by Luke

Did you miss your medication?

I do think that the regulations are ridiculous and is contrary to what most people want to see, the best team/s go up and the worst team/s go down. I understand that certain standards need to be met and then maintained and I am all for that however....having an extra x seats when a team constantly draws low attendances, turnstiles etc I believe is over the top and makes it hard for progressive clubs to move up the ladder.

Its not sour grapes from me, there is still a long long way to go but I can honestly say that as a club we would have struggled IF we were in a position to go up and that isn't for Footballing reasons (although some may have differing opinions). We are a small club run by a dedicated but handful of people who run themselves into the ground to get it to the level the club is at now so in that respect, and with the lack of new blood coming forward the decision is for the best.

Nice post Millers, it seems you are associated with Cove by way of your comments? 

Lets be honest, I've been to Cove many times, infact I'm going there tomorrow if the game is on after the torrential rain last night, and it does need alot of work done to the ground.

Listen, Cove are being realistic with ground grading issues and clearly they cannot meet the requirement financially, but its not just that, its the extra costs to get a team to compete a level above and the extra travelling costs involved, where would Cove get that money ?

Cove, as I understand it, are only open on training and game day/nights so 2-3 times a week with crowds of +30.

So what happens now Millers with the players there now, knowing that whilst Cove are top spot at the present they cannot go up should they be champions ? Will players start to leave Cove or would they infact stay and go for being CCL Premier Champions and be happy with that whilst still be in the CCL Premier next season ?

Players ambition ?  Players loyalty ?   Players happy to play at CCL Prem level ?

With regards to the ongoing subject of 3G/4G.

I keep repeating myself and people cannot see that 3G/4G may well be the future but not immediate, because whilst it will bring clubs much needed revenue, you have to get it first and thats going to cost around £400,000 for full size pitch. Where are clubs going to get or raise this kind of money ?   We all need to be realistic, yes there will be clubs that work hard to get funding, which takes time, but not all clubs will, so forget about all clubs playing on 3G/4G because it wont happen, its grass I'm afraid ......unless you know a sugar daddy  ;) !

suggestions on another site say that 6 sides have applied for prmotion from CCL this season

Ashford, Windsor, Molesey, Camberley Town, Epsom and Ewell and Spelthorne Sports

So current league leaders havent. Is this correct ?

E&E  I see that Epsom & Ewell have applied for promotion !!!  Why ?   Without being disrespectful, but don't you think thats rather ambitious in that Epsom are 26 points behind Cove that almost 9 wins whilst Cove lose their 9 games in half a season, so do you not think that was a waste of £200 (as per johnnojudo) of the clubs money for applying to the FA ?    Egotistic perhaps in that E&E really feel that they can get promoted ?   Just asking..

E&E  I see that Epsom & Ewell have applied for promotion !!!  Why ?   Without being disrespectful, but don't you think thats rather ambitious in that Epsom are 26 points behind Cove that almost 9 wins whilst Cove lose their 9 games in half a season, so do you not think that was a waste of £200 (as per johnnojudo) of the clubs money for applying to the FA ?    Egotistic perhaps in that E&E really feel that they can get promoted ?   Just asking..

This is probably the most patronising and condescending comments I have read on this forum. Are you really saying that as E&E are not in the top however many that they shouldn't apply for promotion? In my opinion, the best thing for the CCL is for as many clubs as financially, feasibly and realistically possible should apply.

Who is to say that Cove won't all of a sudden implode and E&E go on a massive winning run? Stranger things have happened and no doubt will happen. What it makes for already is for a very interesting second half to the season. One thing for sure is that whoever gets promotion will have deserved it.

This is probably the most patronising and condescending comments I have read on this forum. Are you really saying that as E&E are not in the top however many that they shouldn't apply for promotion? In my opinion, the best thing for the CCL is for as many clubs as financially, feasibly and realistically possible should apply.

Who is to say that Cove won't all of a sudden implode and E&E go on a massive winning run? Stranger things have happened and no doubt will happen. What it makes for already is for a very interesting second half to the season. One thing for sure is that whoever gets promotion will have deserved it.

This just shows how much interpretation is a matter of opinion. Personally, I thought the comment was merely suggesting that in a world where money isn't plentiful,. a £200 punt on something that is a long shot is surprising...not patronising or condescending to this neutral observer at all.