Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

to merv, that trophy looked good enough to lift

the Gravesend fans sang anti canvey songs in the bar and during the game, and the bedford boys joined in, I even met a Farnborough fan who had travelled down to see the fleet lift the trophy, which they did at the end of the game, they were running on the pitch, it was a joy to watch, when the caney scores came thru, we laughed and danced with joy, I wish you could have been there merv, but I guess you was hiding in the bogs then, I`M gonna see you fail again next season, hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahaahahahahha

Strangely enough there was hardly a mention of either G&N or Bedford at Cressing Road today. The Canvey fans watched their team lose and there was disappointment at not winning the league but sincere admiration for Gravesend for their consistent performance throughout the season which, at the end of the day, deservedly took the title. Ian, Matt and I (the CanveyFC.Com webmasters) would want to be amongst the first to send congratulations to our rivals across the Thames.<p>No mention of G&N or BTFC because, like true football fans, our energies were devoted to our own team. It's been quite a phenomenon this season to see so many fans from other clubs rushing to get onto the CIFC discussion board to slag us off, insult us or run us down - but always to talk about us. Not their own teams, us!<p>To hear that fans at Bedford's ground today were singing not about G&N taking the championship, but about Canvey suggests to me that the admiration and jealousy is still as strong as ever. Canvey fans couldn't give a toss about Bedford and certainly wouldn't waste breath singing about them.<p>But enough negative comments. Well done G&N. We gave you a good run but at the end of the day you did it - by four points. For Canvey we can lick our wounds and recall the fantastic season we have had. Being runners up in the RPL is no mean achievement and if you add in the cup success you will understand that far from crying into my beer I am tonight celebrating a terrific season (with just a tad disappointment), confident that next season we will be there to have another go.<p>BTW where did Bedford finish in the league - I haven't bothered to look yet.

Bit touchy arnt you? no need to slag off Bedford by taking the piss out of our league possition! at least we didnt get relegated after our first year in the prem like some team of glory boy runners up I could mention. BTW you seemed to think we were alright after we drew 3-3 at your place.

Well I suppose he's entitled to be a bit touchy, Bedford have done great in their first season in the Ryman Prem hopefully they can build on that next year, a smashing club I think all the G&N fans were impressed with the warm welcome, a £1 admission for youngsters is a nice touch as well, a far cry from the rip off prices Canvey charge!

The stewards were great as well allowing fans on the pitch to celebrate, better than the jobsworths you get some places, the players all seemed a nice freindly bunch too, all the best for next season!

Seems a lot of clubs were delighted to see Gravesend go up, can't imagine why Canvey are so unpopular, it can't be jealousy as there's nothing to be jealous about! It can only be their charming manager! Compare that xxxx to Andy Ford, it just goes to show that nice guys can come first! As for letting kids in for a £1 well I suppose they has to do something about their embarrasingly low crowds, though it still hasn't worked, 808 for the recent game with Sutton! Perhaps the locals have a similar opinion about JK!

Nice to see you've got your facts right once again sir. Kids have been getting for a pound at park lane for a few months now. It a shame we don't charge for mental age. Mr Crawshaw would pay £1 every week!

Oh well shoulders (strange name!) I'll take your word for that but it certainly wasn't the case when I last visited. As for your last point perhaps you could propose that for next season, that way you should get in for free ha ha ha ha!!!

If there was a team that i really didn't like and hated that much i wouldn't bother to keep going on their website and posting my comments.<p>Just shows that Canvey FC is at the front of most peoples minds, but i suppose that when you switch the Television on and see us on the BBC and watch us beat a team that’s in a higher league than us some supporters will try and rub our faces in it when things don’t go to plan.<p>Well done G&N for going up, it was a great season and i enjoyed every game.<p>Also a big thankyou to all the staff at CIFC, for doing a great job and would like to wish the players that will no longer be with us next season goodluck.