Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guinan Steps Down From Harriers Role For PFA Move

FF News

Former Kidderminster Harriers player and current Academy manager Steve Guinan is to step down from his role at the Conference club to take up a coaching job with the Professional Footballers' Association.

Guinan, who moved to Aggborough on a part-time basis following his release from Forest Green Rovers in 2011, scored eleven goals in forty-three appearances during his first season at Harriers, before taking up a player-coach position in the 2012-13 season.

The 38-year-old is a fans' favourite who has done a fantastic job with the Academy - highlighted in particular during the last fortnight as his side reached the third round of the FA Youth Cup for the first time in its history and Kennedy Digie became the first Academy player to make his first-team debut.

Speaking about his departure, Guinan said: "I have been offered a fantastic opportunity to work with a great organisation and I'm thoroughly looking forward to getting started.

"It's never nice to leave a job and to have to tell people you are going, especially from a club where I have had some great memories.

"I think I have left the Academy in probably the strongest position it has ever been in, and Kennedy making his debut for the first team on Monday against Bradford Park Avenue has ended my time here on a high.

"It is going from strength to strength and, if anything, reaching the third round of the FA Youth Cup has made people sit up and recognise we have a lot of good players at that level.

"Hopefully now these players can push on further and continue to catch the manager's eye.

"I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at the club, the fans have been great and it's good to see the first team in a good position and still fighting for a play-off spot.

"I'll certainly continue to keep an eye on not only how the first team are doing but the players I have helped develop in the Academy too."

Source: Kidderminster Harriers FC

Source

Archived