Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

This forum .......

upthegate

He tried to play Bennett out wide on the left but the lad simply wasnt up to it. Moss drifted out to the right quite a lot and held up the ball well but he should be in the middle.

The team created very little in the second half. Only a couple of half chances.

Yes we are in a better place than we have been for years but i think in all honesty if you ask Bob Laslett as a businessman if hes happy with the return on his investment so far then i think the answer would be no.

The players simply need to step up a gear and knuckle down to some hard work.

I wasn't there-but seems as you post that the Bennett wide left ploy did not work.

I would like to think that if Mr Laslett is such an astute business man, he will have realised from the start, that most clubs and their managers, take a lot more than one season to grow a promotion winning side

Yes absolutely, but hes a football man as well as a businessman and as such im sure hes as dissapointed with saturdays effort as the rest of us.

cmon you lot, did you expect this team to sweep aside all that came before them....... if so our display against slough etc etc would have given you a clue as to the level of football we play at.  The team we have is probably in the top six of this league (probs 1st to 3rd) and yes our rich chairman has thrown his considerable wealth behind the manager and his choice of players.   Now what would every team in this league have  thought when they saw the pre-season hype...................... like everyone else "we'll beat em".  And they will come playing whatever tactics will get them "A" point or three if they are lucky..................... as the maestro has stated - "we will have ups and downs this season"................ be a supporter and support the team in front of us and not what you expect the team to achieve because of the hype.

great start to the New Year a Margate win and Spurs beating Chelski.....don't get much better but then I read about the beer throwing at Maidstone yesterday and the few idiots there...so it does get better  :D

I havent heard anything confirmed yet, thats why i was asking if anybody else had?

what going to Maidstone on loan............ yeah heard that too and also that steven Gerrard isnt moving abroad ... as such.... moving to sunny Margate (TB was in the crowd last nite (AFC Wimbles against Liverpool) waiting to have a word about signing for the Mighty Gate.................. there goes another secret lol :)

Archived