Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

Weather

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
9 replies to this topic

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Well, its pouring down out there and the forecast is for a wet week - there must be a Gravesend v Notts County FA Cup Tie on the horizon !!

offline Paulo GNFC

Paulo GNFC
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Is there any plans being made to ensure the pitch is playable for the Notts game, should the rain continue? Can the drainage stand up to more of this weather for another 2 wks? Might be worth investing in some covers during the week before the game.
A few thoughts spring to mind:-
- If the game is called off, we'd lose the Sky cash.
- Hopefully Sky would show the re-arranged fixture?? But, I guess, there's no guarantee.
- If Notts go under in the meantime, will the Fleet get a bye into the 3rd round??

Hopefully the pitch will be ok and we can all enjoy the day. Fingers crossed!

offline James

James
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
No doubt if the above scenario continued and the match was called off most of you would blame Andy and call for his resignation

offline MHL

MHL
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Can't the Fleet adapt like the England Rugby team, and exploit the conditions to their advantage - ie long punt to Haworth for a nod down.

I saw County at Stamford Bridge and they didn't look to bad, but the glamour of Northfleet isn't the same as the Kings Road so maybe County (should they survive till then) won't like it.
Personally and in all seriousness its a travesty that a team like County are in such a dire financial state, the oldest team in England and no one appears to be able to help or care (did the blues donate there Gate Receipts to County?Its the least we could have done with our billion Rubles).

offline MHL

MHL
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I would blame President Bush for the weather.

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quote:
James said:
No doubt if the above scenario continued and the match was called off most of you would blame Andy and call for his resignation

I think you'll find most of Fordy's detractors are probably on the terraces, not on here. I know there were a few calling for his head earlier in the season (I wasn't one of those, so I'm not supporting their view), but to suggest 'most of us' is a little wide of the mark. We get disgruntled when we lose or perform badly - like EVERY other message board in the country - but I don't think there's an endemic 'boo-boy' culture on here as one or two people suggest.

offline James

James
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I think I will have to beg to differ with you on that point Stu M

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
James.....I think you are making a somewhat exaggerated statement.

As for my comments recently - I said that if we couldn't get a result against the likes of Tamworth then maybe there would be a case for the chop.

But the team got the result so no problem!

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
The County forum suggests at present, that they will be out of administration at the end of the week - although nothing is confirmed.

offline Gordon T

Gordon T
  • First XI - Sub
where did all their problems start?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus