Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Years Honours 2015

Rumour has it that James Corden will receive an OBE in the New Year honours list and Joan Collins will be made a Dame. No doubt honours will be dished out like confetti once again.

Loosely - I take it you have congratulated our mutual friend on his richly deserved OBE in the New Year Honours list for his services to Non League football, it's great news isn't it.

Loosely - I take it you have congratulated our mutual friend on his richly deserved OBE in the New Year Honours list for his services to Non League football, it's great news isn't it.

We don't have any mutual friends Rhodesly so I'm afraid you'll have to explain who you mean and what award he/she has received.

You said in your previous post, dished out like confetti!

James Corden is very talented as an actor, comedian, AND  script writer.

Not sure about a 'gong' for Joan Collins, though.  (No Kit-Kat jokes, perleeez  !!)

We don't have any mutual friends Rhodesly so I'm afraid you'll have to explain who you mean and what award he/she has received.

I'm sure you know full well who I am referring to, your post sounds like sour grapes to me. Do you have any letters after your name out of interest.

Rumour also has it that Esther Rantzen is to become a Dame and actor John Hurt is to receive a deserved Knighthood, brilliant actress Sheridan Smith will also receive a deserved OBE:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2888734/Arise-Dame-Esther-Sir-Elephant-Man-Campaigner-veteran-actor-John-Hurt-head-New-Year-s-honours-list.html

I'm sure you know full well who I am referring to, your post sounds like sour grapes to me. Do you have any letters after your name out of interest.

I'm sure you know full well but I have no idea who you are referring to.

Well let me give you a clue, he had a sordid affair with your wife, does that ring any bells at all

Smudge - Well what's good for the goose is good for the gander isn't it!

Well let me give you a clue, he had a sordid affair with your wife, does that ring any bells at all

What? You mean he went out with my wife long before we got married? Odd how you feel the need to bring this up all the time.

Why didn't you just say his name?

Oh well, you never miss a chance to look a dick do you?

Edited by Loose

Loosely - So you're not denying it happened then, why don't you just say if you have any letters after your name, what's the big secret!

You said in your previous post, dished out like confetti!

I suppose one cannot help but notice that Rhodesly appears to be unable to answer your question Horace.

Perhaps his obsession with me is taking all of his attention.

Loosely - You're the one who is clutching at straws by your finger tips, why bring Horace into it, it's common knowledge that gongs are handed out like confetti in the New Years Honours list these days and any Tom, Dick and Harry receives them. Now, come on, have you got any letters after your name, spill the beans.

I just think that it's rather rude of you to ignore Horace's point Rhodesly but saying that isn't it a bit demeaning to all of those people who have selflessly made sacrifices to help other people or organisations. But then again I very much doubt that they need validation from the likes of you.

I guess you'll just have to stay in the dark as to answers to your own questions won't you?

Loose will have understood that I was pointing out the discrepancy between his two posts. In one he says that honours are given out like confetti and in the other he praises his mate from Basildon for having justifiably earned one. But Rhodes never did do irony (or ironing for that matter) did he? 

and in the other he praises his mate from Basildon for having justifiably earned one

Horace - So are you saying that he didn't deserve the OBE then for painstaking services to non league football, do you actually know him.

Horace - So are you saying that he didn't deserve the OBE then for painstaking services to non league football, do you actually know him.

You really don't do irony do you? I have no idea who he is or why he's getting a gong. I will spell it out again for your benefit: In one post you criticise the honours system for giving out awards "like confetti", the in your next post, immediately afterwards, you praise your mate Basil Don for getting one. Why is his any more or less deserved than anyone else's? I personally have been closely involved in non-league football for nearly 50 years, at club, league and county fa levels. Do you think I should get a gong?

Well well well, I must certainly congratulate my old boss being made a Dame! Thoroughly well deserved and not a moment too soon.