Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 10th January Match Thread

The match report from our win at Ashford Town is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN137.html

It's days like this that make it all worthwhile as a supporter. Going to a ground we hadn't won at since 2001 against a team that regularly beats us and with many out suspended and others away and just the Manager and Assistant on the bench as subs.

Of course the sending off didn't help them, but Ashford created very little and many passes went astray. Still, they were the better side in the first half and I knew we would need to up our game. That's exactly what happened and goals after 54 and 84 sealed the match. Ashford pulled one back after 89 but within seconds we had restored the two goal lead and held on fairly comfortably through five minutes of injury time.

A quick word for the sheep in the stands at Ashford who were the most unsporting and miserable I've encountered this season. After their sending off, every foul by our players reduced them to a group of wailing banshees screaming for a sending off to even things up and I thought the referee stood up to this very well. If there had been a semi bad challenge I'd have understood, but there were only two of any real note which the referee decided was enough to award that player a yellow card. Couldn't argue with that.

Ashford Town. Get used to the fact that if you play like that any more you will be down here again for another season, as Molesey and Windsor are better than you right now. Sorry that some of you feel you should be at a higher level, but you're not right now so show a bit of humility. Alternatively, try actually supporting your club, as after going barking mad for 45 minutes you went completely silent after our first goal and it was like playing in a morgue for much of the second half. 

The best post on this Forum since I joined,No mincing of words,just told it how it was,good on you Rich.

Awaiting Bad Guy's report now,just to confirm that Ashford Town are no longer contenders.

With our game off I went instead to see Frimley Green and Colliers Wood.  I have to say Wood were very impressive, especially their lively front runners.  I wish them them well for their Vase match on Saturday.

We dont have a game on Saturday because we were due to play, yep you've guessed it, Colliers Wood.  So instead I will be donning my CWU scarf and going along to cheer them on.

Decent pitch over there lovingly looked after by a sometimes poster on here and I hear nothing but good things about Ascot's football so should be a cracker.

Edited by Krooner